Those who passed Conductor Exam #8094

JKid84

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Convictions must be reported not arrests to the mta

arrests must only be reported when applying for a law enforcement

position.

thats true lets say you are getting called i 3 months and you got locked up in jail for a day or 2 for misdeamenor assault and your lawyer get the misdeanor dropped to a violation for dishorderly conduct .a violation is not criminal stay out of trouble for 6 months pay a fine.you dont have to put or tell them this even if you were aressted.you pled guilty to a violation not a criminal anyone that has this or similar dont worry and they are looking for felonies and misdeameanors only .

On the last exam they called people with list numbers over 3,000, so yes, I think you have a good shot of being called.

It's still 10 years Donald. The pre-employment application ask's if in the last 10 years have you been convicted of any felonies. Or if you've been convicted of 2 or more misdemeanors in 10 years. Only thing that completely disqualifies you is sexual misconduct no matter how many years it's been. But I'm finished with this correction Donald. I keep advising you over and over, that if you don't know the answer to a question, "Don't answer it with what you think is correct". Let the current or retired TA employees answer questions that involve hiring procedures.

Oh snaps lol @ donald sorry my score is rite but not my list number its worst then that my list number is 2932 so now do io really have a chance of getting a call back at all with that list number anybody can answer this lmao

No one knows. However, Ide consider it somewhat of a miracle if the MTA calls up more than 1500 from off the street. Hell even that looks bleak. Until I see 60 man classes...

All of you piss me off with your misinformation, except CDI919 and primo (but primo you are partially wrong.) The damn pre employment form states as follows This is exactly word for word!

Before you answer question 2, please read this note carefully

Offenses include felonies, misdemeanors and violations. A plea of guilty is a conviction even if you were never imprisoned, only paid a fine, were conditionally or unconditionally discharged or received a certificate of relief from disabilities. You DO NOT have to disclose any material sealed, expunged, or set aside under Federal or State law, or juvenile delinquent or youthful offender adjudications. You are not considered a youthful offender just because of your age at the time of the offense. Only a court can determine youthful offender status. (If you are unsure whether you were considered a youthful offender, list the offense(s) below and provide details.

1. Are criminal charges curently pending against you?

2.Were you ever convicted of an offense anywhere?

3.Are you currently on probation?

4.Are you currently on parole?

With all your misinformation, you're going to get someone fired or terminated from the job because they listened to you. If you don't know the damn 100% correct answer, shut up, and let someone that does know it answer. It's that simple. Keep your mouth shut, and be suspected of being a total fool rather than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

For those of you coming into Transit....

TELL THEM EVERYTHING THAT IS PUBLIC RECORD! THEY ARE NOT THERE TO JUDGE YOU UNLESS YOU DID SOMETHING REALLY BAD! THEY ARE THERE TO DO A BACKGROUND CHECK. IF YOU LIE YOU DIE!

"The pre-employment application ask's if in the last 10 years have you been convicted of any felonies."

So if someone was convicted of a felony 11 years, ago, that will not affect them in any way? I find that hard to believe.

Donald I'm done trying to inform you of anything, you never listen so I'm no longer going to bother. I see that's what everyone else on the forums have done.

I have another ? Well I don't know how many people this apply to concerning military statues & documentation,, friends of mine being military prior service have taken city and transit exams,, some have gotting in trouble for minor issues, such as having a little to much alcoholic beverages and received some type of extra duty, nothing really bad , however what ever issues while in the service, should it be reveled or spoken about? I know for shure a dishonorable discharge a person don't have a chance on pretty much anything, what about other types of discharge example,, medical condition , general , & so on types of discharges even though they fall under honorable discharge, would transit give a hard time & get a person DQ or they may have a chance? If anyone can respond I'll pass the info to them so they can anticipate on what to expect thank you

this paper for arrests and convictions and violations. i know for a fact that the investion report they get back from the nys court system even an fbi check if so does not have any violations that you had or to pay a fine example expired meter is a violation pay a fine had a fight got dishorderly conduct its a violation pay a fine a violation is non criminal and wont show up on investigation unless you tell them so i dont care what someone else just said trust me your cool if you have a violation im done with this my blood pressure is rising:mad:

Interesting,, humm I think the same goes for military documentation, but still just wondering if anyone still out their has the specifics concerning such matter,, however of course I don't think theirs any one that has never gotten a violation or whatever, sometimes sh:t happens, no one can help it you know

Ok I got lock up in 03 for a bag of weed the judge told me to stay out of trouble for a year,so the other day I got a copy of my court reacord it on that paper it said dismissed after that year in 04 so do that mean I was convicted and that was my first offense. I did not put it down on the mta app

Ok I got lock up in 03 for a bag of weed the judge told me to stay out of trouble for a year,so the other day I got a copy of my court reacord it on that paper it said dismissed after that year in 04 so do that mean I was convicted and that was my first offense. I did not put it down on the mta app

as long as your up front and honesty you wont have a poblem.Trust me transit will find out.I know for a fact they dont hold convictions against IF IT WAS OVER 10 YEARS,& wasnt a very serious offense.

this paper for arrests and convictions and violations. i know for a fact that the investion report they get back from the nys court system even an fbi check if so does not have any violations that you had or to pay a fine example expired meter is a violation pay a fine had a fight got dishorderly conduct its a violation pay a fine a violation is non criminal and wont show up on investigation unless you tell them so i dont care what someone else just said trust me your cool if you have a violation im done with this my blood pressure is rising:mad:
even if you plead guilty to a violation will not show up it not a criminal offense.

Aww man @ primo thanks again man I was thinking maybe that's why mta aint call me after my drug test to come and take the medical, lol I also found out that the only reason why I aint get call is because there is no more class for mta bus company and they also told me the next class maybe be in may or so

Yes it is adjournment in contemplation of dismissal which means if you stay out of trouble for 6 months or a year the case will be dismissed and your records will be sealed and all photos and fingerprint cards will be destroyed .

yes this is true.ny state erased all convictions for violations back in 2000 no violations will show up on your background check,dishorderly conduct and even if you were arrested for it.a violation charge is a non criminal offense and does not come up on a record check.this is because these charges are petty offenses and years back they did come up and thousands of people were denied getting a good job like i said .dont no why the mta wants to know if you have any violations on your record ??? they aint gonna come up..in the sentence asks have you ever got a felony,misdeameanor,or violation been convicted of a crime answer you put for this even though you have a plea of guilty to a violation is no like i said a violation is not a criminal offense.i have so many people i know that had got locked up for a fight and had a violation on there record all said no .and have good civil service jobs..

it seems as though they have zero tolerance when it comes to lying or conveniently omitting information from your application. i know someone who got fired on the spot a couple weeks out of school car for omitting criminal history information. don't go through all that training for nothing and let it happen to you. just be honest. double check with the employment information desk, if they can't help i am sure they will transfer you to someone who can.

it seems as though they have zero tolerance when it comes to lying or conveniently omitting information from your application. i know someone who got fired on the spot a couple weeks out of school car for omitting criminal history information. don't go through all that training for nothing and let it happen to you. just be honest. double check with the employment information desk, if they can't help i am sure they will transfer you to someone who can.

I knew of someone who lied and they pulled him out of Schoolcar as well.

Archived