Those who passed Conductor Exam #8094

JKid84

True an arrest will show but the question is have you been arrested and convicted not have you been arrested so if you have been arrested but not convicted then you can legally answer no . An employer cannot ask you if you have ever been arrested on an employment application unless that job is in law enforcement .

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
True an arrest will show but the question is have you been arrested and convicted not have you been arrested so if you have been arrested but not convicted then you can legally answer no . An employer cannot ask you if you have ever been arrested on an employment application unless that job is in law enforcement .

primo, what I am referring to is this question. "1. Are criminal charges currently pending against you?" If you got arrested on April 2nd, but your court date is not until May 28th, but you have to go in for Transit hiring on April 21st, then the answer to the above question is yes. Pending does not mean guilty as I am sure you already know, just that you have an on going case that is not yet resolved. If you say no, they can find your arrest from April 2nd, and fire you for lying and you will definitely be fired when they find out. The question asks if criminal charges are pending, not have you ever been arrested, or have you been convicted.

In this case the charges are pending because the case is not over, and the arrest will show up. This is why I keep saying DO NOT LIE. There are very few things someone could have been arrested for that Transit would disqualify them, but you will be fired 100% of the time if Transit has found out you lied. A little embarrassment telling Transit what you did is better than being fully embarrassed because you listened to sealtest1962 and then get pulled out of schoocar to be fired for lying on your application. Anyone telling you to withhold information or lie is not looking out for you. How do you know that the one telling you to withhold information isn't trying to get you fired, so they get to them quicker because they are behind you on the list? I'm not gaining anything from telling you any of this information. I just hate people being victimized when someone that has no clue spills out their nonsense and causes someone else to lose their job because he can't admit to himself that he is not as intelligent as his mommy told him he is. Which person would you say is looking out for you? The one telling you to be careful, or the one telling you don't worry about it? How many times has someone told you not to worry about something, and you listened, then you ended up worrying about it because this person had no clue? I bet this guy doesn't even know what policy and compliance is, unless he asks someone in Transit that knows. Also policy and compliance is full of retired NYPD officers, and that is how Transit likes it.

This is how Transit does their dirty work. They make a question like question 1 somewhat vague, (or a rule that contradicts another rule while the latter also contradicts the former) so that whatever side they pick, they are always right and can punish you if they so please. Case in point. The rule is passengers cannot hold train doors. That is an offence for which a police officer can issue a summons. On the other hand, the rule is a conductor has to reopen when someone holds a door. How does this help Transit always be right? If you do not reopen, why didn't you reopen? They got you there. If you do reopen every time, and now are running behind schedule, Where did you lose your time? They are right in that way as well.

Have I yet to steer anyone wrong here when I gave them advice or information? If I have, someone please point it out. Listen to someone that knows what he is talking about because he is giving you information from the inside, and not anecdotal information.

and like i was saying if you were arrested and pled guilty to a violation you have no criminal history because a violation is not a criminal offense.only felonies and misdeameanors show up on a criminal background check once again a violation is a non criminal offense everyone got it now.where it says have you got a felony,misdeameanor or violation write i have never been convicted for a criminal offense thats it.B)

it seems as though they have zero tolerance when it comes to lying or conveniently omitting information from your application. i know someone who got fired on the spot a couple weeks out of school car for omitting criminal history information. don't go through all that training for nothing and let it happen to you. just be honest. double check with the employment information desk, if they can't help i am sure they will transfer you to someone who can.
well it seems they had a misdeameanor or a felony they were hiding i know it sure was not a violation .violations dont come up

it seems as though they have zero tolerance when it comes to lying or conveniently omitting information from your application. i know someone who got fired on the spot a couple weeks out of school car for omitting criminal history information. don't go through all that training for nothing and let it happen to you. just be honest. double check with the employment information desk, if they can't help i am sure they will transfer you to someone who can.
tell them if you have a misdeameanor or felony yes .dont have to say anthing about a violation its a non criminal offense

As wrong as I could be, somehow my brain seems to shift towards; why would anyone that has been arrested and locked up even for a day assume that it has a chance of not showing up on a background check? The MTA needs to know if you're a criminal, if they are under suspicion why wouldn't they have the right to look as far back as they can or want before they invest in you? A prospective creditor will find out if you've ever gone bankrupt long after it clears, they just cant use it as a basis for loaning to you, or can they? They say they cant, but give me a break. The area isn't clear of radio activity even years after the bomb blows.

This is the type of common sense law I use when filling out applications. One can bet that in the case of the poster in question it will come down to who the interviewer is and whether or not they want to do their job, so don't lie. Don't ever get arrested for anything, because when you're poor the law is looking to disqualify you from your life.

Just because you get Arrested doesn't mean that you are a criminal

lots of people get arrested and don't get convicted therefore they didn't

commit a crime in the eyes of the law. The mta asks you have you ever been arrested

and convicted of a Crime not have you ever been arrested

an employer unless it is a job in law enforcement cannot ask you

if you have ever been arrested it is against the law . They can ask you

have you ever been arrested and convicted .

Just because you get Arrested doesn't mean that you are a criminal

lots of people get arrested and don't get convicted therefore they didn't

commit a crime in the eyes of the law. The mta asks you have you ever been arrested

and convicted of a Crime not have you ever been arrested

an employer unless it is a job in law enforcement cannot ask you

if you have ever been arrested it is against the law . They can ask you

have you ever been arrested and convicted .

Primo, that is not what they are asking. What they are asking is "Are criminal charges currently pending against you?" Not have you ever been arrested!!!!!

Well if they are asking that then yes you have to tell them they are pending

All im saying is that after the case is sealed no employer public or private can view your arrest it will not show up on a background check and that's the law .

Well then Transit BX will not be confronted with any problems because the judge told him to stay out of trouble for a year and his case was dismissed back in 04, is that what your saying?

Unless sealed and dismissed mean two different things, which they do, but hey this is the law were talking about.

@ xeten primo is right you don't have to worry its not a conviction so you don't have to state that on the app trust me if that was the case I would not been working for ct transit going on 4yrs now. Ct transit is very serious when it comes down to background checks, I seen guys get hired then later get fired just cause they aint state about the conviction. So don't worry I did not put my arrest down on mta app for bus operator app which I did not get dq the only reason why I have not start class is because I have to wait for the next round which will be sometime in may. So your pretty much good.

Well yes I do agree and good luck. There was so much confusion however that I figured I'd help clear it up. Do note, some work on your grammar can only help.

Lol so for the grammer issue its just that I'm on my blackberry rather then my laptop lol but basically your pretty much good bro don't worry about it its cleared up meaning no conviction

I knew of someone who lied and they pulled him out of Schoolcar as well.this person must have gotten in trouble while in school car or did not put down something about employment history.because while they await your medical results you are being investigated also criminal check.you think i convicted rapist,or murderer while be put in training without being investigated first.i think not.the mta could be sued big time if something happened without having your criminal history record first before you start training.he or she: must have got thrown out for something else.:confused:

ummm seal...... 1) we don't wait for medical results. we know the same day whether we pass or fail and 2) we don't even get fingerprinted until AFTER we pass the medical. from what i remember, i got fingerprinted the morning i went in to take my oath. so essentially i was sworn in before the investigation even began. i don't know where you get your information from, but don't act like you know how the system works when you clearly don't. as i stated, someone got terminated on the spot less than a month after school car was finished for omitting information from his criminal history. not employment history. not "getting in trouble" in school car. omitting criminal history. if they find any discrepancies, you will be terminated immediately.

I knew of someone who lied and they pulled him out of Schoolcar as well.this person must have gotten in trouble while in school car or did not put down something about employment history.because while they await your medical results you are being investigated also criminal check.you think i convicted rapist,or murderer while be put in training without being investigated first.i think not.the mta could be sued big time if something happened without having your criminal history record first before you start training.he or she: must have got thrown out for something else.:confused:[/quote

this post proves you dont have a dam clue how mta operates. First off popsicle is 100% correct on the hiring process. Second mta is reactive not proactive, thats why rules pop up after incidents not before.

Ok can everyone please calm down before the thread gets closed down. People if you don't know the real answer to a question please don't answer with what you think is correct. And people that have questions please get the answers from real TA personnel. Users come on this section because they are trying to find information on getting employment with the MTA. They don't come on here to see arguments. I know I have drank the flame post kool-aide my self with Donald and Blatherskite, but I'm just done with it already. Donald please, I'm begging you stop giving false information to people that ask questions. And Blatherskite stop lashing out so harshly, it negates your credibility when you give updates. Because it makes you seem like a rude know it all. Now I know if me and you can get past our differences, then I know you and Donald can too. Let's all just try and act civilized and keep these threads on topic, and keep the information 100% legible.

• 1 year later...

From what I know no employer can ask have you ever been arrested it's against the law. If you want to know if you have anything pending against you go to the county clerk and ask for disposition papers have as a just in case something does come up

Archived