Those who passed Conductor Exam #8094

JKid84

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

Hello, Has anyone tried to delay their hiring and have their list # restored? I am currently in the 750's and must need to delay the hiring until further noticed. I went to 1 centre street and the girl in the 21st floor told me that when they contact you, you ignored the response and when you are ready come back and have it restored. My question is is this how it work? I just need confirmation as I dont want to missed out by false infromation. and also, if I do get my number restored, in your experiences, do you usually get back up a while before you get hired, or that once you are restored, you should be in the next few wave of hiring? Thanks so much for the reply

• 1 month later...

Hello, Has anyone tried to delay their hiring and have their list # restored? I am currently in the 750's and must need to delay the hiring until further noticed. I went to 1 centre street and the girl in the 21st floor told me that when they contact you, you ignored the response and when you are ready come back and have it restored. My question is is this how it work? I just need confirmation as I dont want to missed out by false infromation. and also, if I do get my number restored, in your experiences, do you usually get back up a while before you get hired, or that once you are restored, you should be in the next few wave of hiring? Thanks so much for the reply

When you get the letter, you decline and say I cannot accept this position at this time. Not showing up and not responding removes you from the list until you ask in writing to be reinstated.

hi first time poster. I went in yesterday for my pre interview. I am now awaiting the call for my medical. I have an issue though. I have a contract with my current employer that ends in Jan. I also will graduate college in March if I continue my classes. I want to postpone the class but I was told this class goes in on october 8th and there is no class after that. I have no problem waiting a couple of months but I dont want to miss this opp and I dont now if I can break my contract with my current eployer. Anyone know for sure if there is a class for sure for the conductor. Ive waited for 4 years. Like i said dont want to miss my chance. Any help for this newbie wuld be great,

One guy in my class resigned after 3 days lol

Smh i heard of a few folks walking out once they found out that it wasn't a NINE TO FIVE JOB after Schoolcar and they could be working any tour and Weekends Off aren't set in stone...

All of this was after the Medical, after being sworn in and at P.S 248, wasting TA's time...

Are some people that dense? <_<

Maybe some people get depressed after a while of hearing steel squeezing and grinding upon steel in dark cold alleys surrounded by people who don't give a dam about you. Couple that with the fact that your personal life will suffer and you seemingly have no time off as its spent resting and catching up, even when you manage, half the time its on odd hours. Then maybe half your colleagues dont have anything to conversate about except maybe job related jargon. Its definately a different life, least that's the impression I get.

Maybe some people get depressed after a while of hearing steel squeezing and grinding upon steel in dark cold alleys surrounded by people who don't give a dam about you. Couple that with the fact that your personal life will suffer and you seemingly have no time off as its spent resting and catching up, even when you manage, half the time its on odd hours. Then maybe half your colleagues dont have anything to conversate about except maybe job related jargon. Its definately a different life, least that's the impression I get.

11 Years and STILL having a Blast! :D

Aren't you allowed to at least wear one of them cheap dust masks construction workers use? I mean hell, one day someone is gonna bring this up in a class action law suit.

Theres a woman already suing the MTA for getting lung damage from working down there.

Archived