Those who passed Conductor Exam #8094

JKid84

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe some people get depressed after a while of hearing steel squeezing and grinding upon steel in dark cold alleys surrounded by people who don't give a dam about you. Couple that with the fact that your personal life will suffer and you seemingly have no time off as its spent resting and catching up, even when you manage, half the time its on odd hours. Then maybe half your colleagues dont have anything to conversate about except maybe job related jargon. Its definately a different life, least that's the impression I get.

It's just like being an EMT or a Paramedic.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone I was sworn in last week and I'm supposed to start orientation next week. I'm curious to know how long is the initial training "school car" supposed to last and maybe some insight into what will happen so I can better prepared. Any info is appreciated. Thanks

Hey what's your list number?

i will put my list # back on in the end of summer of 2013 i was in the 800s

High or low 800's? I'm at the mid-high end of the 900's but I have holiday plans with the family so there's a chance I might not be around when the letter comes in.

i just got called but i have to decline because my dad passed away and i have to take care of some things still

I know things are tough man but keep trudging through.

Yea seal, that's more or less what I was refering to. Didn't you do the same with the bus list and then got 1 in 3'd after reinstating yourself?

no the bus list i went down the first time i got called and the mta was at a stage of a hiring freeze and me and a few hundred others the 1-3 rule used against us for a hiring freeze but i heard there not doing this now with conductor so i hope after i got things in order with my dads estate in probate and changing things ill come onboard next year sometime

just fill out the letter on the bottom you decline if you have personal things to take care of but you will have a low list # then others in class which puts you in a better position of senority

then send a letter to 1 centre st to get reinstated and go down there after you send the letter to see the person that handles this to make damm sure your back on

Now there will be monthly groups of 20 (split to 2 groups of 10 of course) for the following few months after the December class IIRC. I think they typically send the first letter to double to triple the amount of people they need for each class, so if that trend continues, #1000 would be starting the pre-hiring process by February.

Holy crap, I need to start looking for my diploma.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Im Just Gonna Be Frank...I smoke weed Everyday...My List Number is Between 1490-1500...Just called DCAS and The Last Number Called was 861....When Should I stop Smokin?? This Summer? Id Appreciate Honest and Real Answers...Thanx

HAHA! Thats funny.

Well frankly speaking, this isn't Colorado. Trees are still illegal in this state and county, so it's likely Transit will be testing for it along with other illegal substances. It's impossible to tell when you will be called up, it really is. With that said, you should probably quit now to help avoid any complication during your medical exam.

Even during employment the MTA sends you for medical testing once or twice a year I believe.

Archived