Those who passed Conductor Exam #8094

JKid84

Yea seal, that's more or less what I was refering to. Didn't you do the same with the bus list and then got 1 in 3'd after reinstating yourself?

yes hi xentor how are things.things to take care of still after my dads death.the last bus operator exam i got called there was a long wait and city hiring freeze.many of us got a 1-3 letter with no explanation why,basically the city took are money.i have no criminal record,honorable dis from us navy,hs diploma,clean cdl bp and steady work history driving tour buses.there was no excuse for them to turn me down and others.its what i said and many others they took are money.but i just also got 2 positions again from same conductor exam 8094.also give me position also for bus operator but im strictly going for conductor end of summer.i spoke to 2 people and said they have no issues on the 1-3 rule like they did before im glad.but if again im lawyered up this time around and will fight for this position.take care xentor.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes hi xentor how are things.things to take care of still after my dads death.the last bus operator exam i got called there was a long wait and city hiring freeze.many of us got a 1-3 letter with no explanation why,basically the city took are money.i have no criminal record,honorable dis from us navy,hs diploma,clean cdl bp and steady work history driving tour buses.there was no excuse for them to turn me down and others.its what i said and many others they took are money.but i just also got 2 positions again from same conductor exam 8094.also give me position also for bus operator but im strictly going for conductor end of summer.i spoke to 2 people and said they have no issues on the 1-3 rule like they did before im glad.but if again im lawyered up this time around and will fight for this position.take care xentor.

What do you mean by the bolded? you spoke to someone in the MTA that said that they will not be doing that 1-3 rule? 

What do you mean by the bolded? you spoke to someone in the MTA that said that they will not be doing that 1-3 rule? 

on conductor they aint doing 1-3 rule dont know on bus operator but read what i said above bolded ?? where do you see that i dont know what your talking about sorry

Allow me to translate. sealteam means that the two people he spoke with (presumably transit people) said that they aren't going to do any 1-3 on 8094 conductor list like they did to him before on another list. Now of course there is a need for conductors and train operators, but things can change quickly.

Allow me to translate. sealteam means that the two people he spoke with (presumably transit people) said that they aren't going to do any 1-3 on 8094 conductor list like they did to him before on another list. Now of course there is a need for conductors and train operators, but things can change quickly.

ok I see, thanks for helping clear that up.

Thats weird considering that they're trying to grab B/Os from the C/R list right now. Many people on the C/R list were contacted by mail for B/O, myself included. I had to turn it down since I dont have a DL let alone a CDL lol.

Thats weird considering that they're trying to grab B/Os from the C/R list right now. Many people on the C/R list were contacted by mail for B/O, myself included. I had to turn it down since I dont have a DL let alone a CDL lol.

It can mean a variety of things and I'll speculate, see I love speculating. There are two types of people, those that speculate and those that never even heard of the word. Speculating has it's drawbacks ( just look to the 08 financial disaster) however speculating can bring you closer to the answer with little to no evidence. Maybe the reason why Transit called up a few conductors to B/O can mean that they are very short on drivers and need to urgently try and pick them up on a list with basically the same job requisites, except of course conductors don't need a CDL license, but they can get one later. Another reason can be they themselves speculate they wont be needing conductors for several months and to move the list along they offer 8094 applicants another position instead. These are the only two reasons that make any sense to me at the moment. I wouldn't be surprised if yet another batch of those letter roll out.

• 1 month later...

hello guys ..

i have a few questions, hoping that somebody help me !

my list # is in the 1700's , i call DCAS and they said that im on the list but i dont have an outstanding certification ....   what is an outstanding certification ???

anyone know hows the eye test or requirements for this position?? i asking this because a year ago i was disqualified  for B/O cause i couldnt get 19A certified due to a macular degeneration in my left eye , i asked the doctor in the medical assesment and he told me that im fine for the conductor position , but i just wanna make sure ...

and last ... due to my list # , you guys think that i have a chance to get called before the list expired ???

thanks .... and sorry for the long post !

• 2 weeks later...

My list # is in the 2100's and I got the letter for the BOSS exam. Since I must have gotten it earlier in the month and the exam had passed already for that I would assume they are probably a bit past my number in who they are up to contacting for that. They did say in it there are immediate openings though. I would have turned it down anyway because of the same reasons (no DL or CDL). Still would have been nice if the mail wasn't mixed up with someone else's mail for a couple of weeks and I got it at the time I was supposed to.

• 2 weeks later...

Please excuse my ignorance. What is a 1-3 letter? I am on list 8094 and took the BOSS exam this week. I started a thread for those on this list who received a letter to take the BOSS exam for TA here: http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/40952-those-who-passed-conductor-exam-8094-and-received-a-letter-to-take-boss-exam-for-ta/

• 7 months later...

Hi guys i'm new to the forum and hope I'm doing this right. I was called for conductor and brought in all the necessary paper work. I even brought in a clearance letter from MY doctor because of a back condition. The same doctor saw me in the waiting area and made it his business to see me again when I came to clear the medical hold and did not clear me. He said they will call with information to send me to a physical therapist to make sure I can do the job I haven't gotten that call. What should I do? It's been two weeks.

• 11 months later...

Hey guys a question to those in school car ....how much they pay and how many hours you made during training???? thanks

You will be paid starting rate for your title in schoolcar. You will receive 8 hours pay for each day at work.

If you are placed in an AM class (7am-3pm), that's what you'll receive.

If you are placed in a PM class (3pm-11pm), you'll also receive 5 hours of night differential from 6pm-11pm (night differential rate is an extra hourly amount, less than a dollar for conductors)

Once you go "posting" which is on the job training, your hours will vary, but you will be paid your hourly rate for all of them until 8 hours, at which point you will earn time and a half overtime for anything beyond that. You are guaranteed 8 hours pay minimum for every day you work.

I don't have the starting rates, someone in HR, or who is a new conductor will have to answer that for you since the information I still have is out of date with the new contract, and the new contract rates are for top pay, not new hire rates.

I believe it's somewhere in the vicinity of 18-20 per hour though.

For the Conductor exam coming up in June all you need is a H.S. Diploma correct?

I have another question what does it mean to De Zone? Thank You.

yes all you would need is HS diploma..  AS FOR THE THE DEZONING QUESTION  IT WOULD BE EASIER TO EXPLAIN ONCE YOU GET THE JOB!!!!!  GOOD LUCK

You can't say all you need is high school diploma for sure, DCAS is no longer doing the testing, there's been rumors of the requirements changing so nothing's set in stone for sure yet

Regardless of who's doing the testing, this was always the case.

You never know the requirements of any examination until the Notice of Examination gets formally published. The best you can do is guess based on prior history, but no guarantee it stays the same.

Archived