Those who passed Conductor Exam #8094

JKid84

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do the veteran's credit guys who get every question right get a 105 score?

Hopefully I get to be in the first class. Maybe if they established the list 9 months after giving the exam instead of 12 like the last one, that means they will start hiring 3 months sooner as well. We would probably get the call up in 6 or 7 months from now.

First question is a yes.

The first class from this test is currently scheduled for early/mid-October.

Mark

yes you passed but unfortunately that score means you got a high list # so this means you will not be called for a position. Passing score is 70 but because the competition is very high you need to score around 94 or higher to get a good list # . sorry but retake it in 2012 and study some guides to assist you. all the best I scored a 91 on the 04 test I didnt get called and I retook it in 08 and I scored a 96.

Buit why? If it can take a few yrs to get called

My number is at 12, xxx

Is it like im the 12,xxx person waiting on line for this?

Anyways Im a positive person im not thinking negative here..

Also, what if I take exam in 2012 but they still call me? For example..?

My number is at 12, xxx

It means there are 12,xxx people in front of you. The MTA doesnt hire that many C/Os in the time the list is valid. It will most likely expire before they get to the 10,000s.

If you take a test in 2012 it does not make you ineligable for previous tests.

Hey I am curious me and a friend of mine applied the same day and we both got our scores today. I got a 96 as a final score and my list number is 2168.

My friend got a 94.666 and a list number of 3314.

So what I want to have an idea of is when do you think we will be called I figure it is only a difference of 1 question between me and him and that is a large gap.

Also, is the hiring freeze still in effect or are they actually hiring again? From what I read here it seems that between this test and the last one there are less people on the eligible list, we got our scores back 3 months earlier, there are less people on the promotional list that need to come before us and there are more conductors retiring so I think that they will get to our numbers a little quicker and reach a higher number than 3022 before this list is retired but I could be wrong.

This was my first city test and I went in blind so I figure that cannot be too bad for a first time with no idea what is going to be on the test.

Oh yeah I also wanted to ask I heard they skip over people on the list at random is this true? If so then there is no guarantee that even if we are on the list we will ever get called.

It means there are 12,xxx people in front of you. The MTA doesnt hire that many C/Os in the time the list is valid. It will most likely expire before they get to the 10,000s.

If you take a test in 2012 it does not make you ineligable for previous tests.

well im suppose to get a Job of my HS skool I graduated from. I guess Ill use that for now till (MTA) calls me. If they dont call me Ill try again.

But how will i know if they ever do? Even if I take another exam?

mark

Yes it means there are a lot ahead of you

Don't count on being called keep taking exams

Tech u got a good list # I got the same score as you but my list # is a little lower

There are a lot of people with the same score that's why there is a differential between u and your friend there's a chance that your friend may be called as well

They will probaly get to # 4000 this time definitely not 10000

My number is at 12, xxx

Yes, that would mean there are 12,XXX people in front of you before the MTA would get to you. Sorry Mark but your chances to get called is slim to none.

Where did you hear this that the first O/C C/R class is scheduled for early mid october. That sounds a bit quick since the list just came out Monday.

Well considering that Alex L. is a school car instructor I would imagine it's his job to know.

Thx Jul and primomjr78! At least i did passed it which shows me I got good knowledge to work for the T/A but just need to improve on it to get eligible. For Now ill see "IF"(Not saying it/will happen) they ever call me, But I will take the exam if nothing occurs by 2012. At least im not alone =/. FOr now lers see if i get a job in sept.. Which I WILL!

Just a quick ques, when 2012 comes in, can I take more then 1 exam? Depending on the requirements

thx!

Thx Jul and primomjr78! At least i did passed it which shows me I got good knowledge to work for the T/A but just need to improve on it to get eligible. For Now ill see "IF"(Not saying it/will happen) they ever call me, But I will take the exam if nothing occurs by 2012. At least im not alone =/. FOr now lers see if i get a job in sept.. Which I WILL!

Just a quick ques, when 2012 comes in, can I take more then 1 exam? Depending on the requirements

thx!

You can apply for as many exams as you want as long as you qualify.

Hello everybody. I just recieved my test score and my list number. I scored a 97.3 and my list number is 809. Now realistically speaking. How good are my chances for being called. Because I would love to be a conductor and work for the MTA.

You will be called up about a little more than a year from now.

hey whats good guys. i also just got my score and list # for exam 8094. i got a 96 and the list # is 1982. some one already asked this question but i have the same, realistically speaking is my score good enough for me to ever be called. i am willin to wait 4 to 5 years. but yea please let me know if my list # is too low or enough for me to be called. thanks.

I wasn't challenging him, it just sounded way to quick for the open competative since the promotional hasn't started yet.
Well if the amount of employees on the promotional exam is correct, it wouldn't be surprising since even though it's a promotional for them they don't get it automatically. They had other criteria that they use to determine if they can get promoted with I believe the amount of sick days they've used up being one of those criteria they use.

Well if the amount of employees on the promotional exam is correct, it wouldn't be surprising since even though it's a promotional for them they don't get it automatically. They had other criteria that they use to determine if they can get promoted with I believe the amount of sick days they've used up being one of those criteria they use.

Very true, but if each class is 60 people, then even doing 2 60 person classes at a time, will still take a while since training is 7 weeks. After everyone starts posting, they can easily start new classes since the TSS's (damn too many s's) don't have to be there. I guess they could probably do about 4 classes per month, so the promotional might take 2 monkths, so we might get the call around December, or January, at least the first 60 to 120 people who respond to the letters.

hey whats good guys. i also just got my score and list # for exam 8094. i got a 96 and the list # is 1982. some one already asked this question but i have the same, realistically speaking is my score good enough for me to ever be called. i am willin to wait 4 to 5 years. but yea please let me know if my list # is too low or enough for me to be called. thanks.

You will get called up, but it will be about 2 years. I am 122 on the list. I will post when I get the letter, so you can get an idea if every class is about 60 people.

Very true, but if each class is 60 people, then even doing 2 60 person classes at a time, will still take a while since training is 7 weeks. After everyone starts posting, they can easily start new classes since the TSS's (damn too many s's) don't have to be there. I guess they could probably do about 4 classes per month, so the promotional might take 2 monkths, so we might get the call around December, or January, at least the first 60 to 120 people who respond to the letters.

Which would be around the time we would have gotten our list numbers, so it's not bad.

Yankees,

I got my list # in the mail today also. Same score 96.000 with a list # of 1942. We just may end up in the same class at school car in the CI Yards. Congrats on passing to you and everyone else because some TA employees were telling me today that if your # is less than 2500, you're going to be called within 18-24 month timeframe.

Archived