Grand Central Shuttle Fleet

Trainmaster5

As of Friday 2/6 the GS shuttle fleet of R62A single cars has been transferred to Mosholu Yard. The fleet will be serviced there from now on. As a result Livonia Yard has picked up additional R62 cars from Mosholu Yard to provide service on the (3) line. As a result you may see the occasional R62A train on the (4) line.

So, this means the possibility of an RFW on the mainline IRT just shifted to the (4), and away from the (3)? This reminds me of the time that some Corona and 240th St yard R62As also made their way to the (4). Thanks for the info, though I'm sad to see my home line lose it's uniqueness...

from the (7)? Still confused no offense

None taken. Here's how it works. Livonia/Lenox retained 30 single R62As, and in this thread, the OP said that those 30 cars were transferred to Moshulu. In any event, the (S) ALWAYS uses 10 cars for its fleet. The (3) used the other 20 cars left over that were assigned to Livonia. Now that they're assigned to Moshulu, the (4) will use 20 of those R62As and the (S) will use the 10 that are left over. Chances are that you'll only see one R62A on the (4) at one time, however.

None taken. Here's how it works. Livonia/Lenox retained 30 single R62As, and in this thread, the OP said that those 30 cars were transferred to Moshulu. In any event, the (S) ALWAYS uses 10 cars for its fleet. The (3) used the other 20 cars left over that were assigned to Livonia. Now that they're assigned to Moshulu, the (4) will use 20 of those R62As and the (S) will use the 10 that are left over. Chances are that you'll only see one R62A on the (4) at one time, however.

ah, i could of sworn a sign of change for the (S)huttle. Thanks for clearing

One last thing OP is?

it's always been one of my notions to take the R110A's that are just sitting in 240th street yard and reconfigure them into two 4 car sets (remove the unpowered trailer in the middle) and run them on the shuttle. but that's just one of my far fetched fantasies.

I would have to agree with you, but althogh not quiet, The R130[110A] hasent been maintained well i belivie, and for that it would require a major overhaul seeing that it did experience problems in the best.

hmm might make a topic on this

Archived