Best/worst lines as a T/O?

duelingdragons

I would imagine that the Grand Central/Times Square (S) would be the absolute worst line to T/O on, even worse than the Franklin St. (S), which is at least outside.

Personally, I think the (A) would be great, since you get the best of everything... express run through Manhattan, and then nice outdoor views out at the Rockaways.

I think the (:( would be fun too (the Brighton Express part anyway...)

Anyways, any T/O's out there... what are your preferences, and are there certain lines that the newbies/people in the doghouse get thrown on?

It all depends on your own preferences. In the IRT, I always preferred the (1) because it was a fast trip and the cars there worked well (keep in mind, when I worked there, the choice in the IRT was R62/62A or Redbird). Of the Bronx terminals, it was the easiest to get to, the easiest to park at and offered the most choice in terms of eating facilities.

in the B Div, I preferred the (N) and (Q), since Stillwell is the closest terminal to home, I could usually get early jobs (before 0530) and neither forced me to make that stupid relay at 205 St.

The worst: three trip ©'s. Way too long for three trips.

Four Trip (J)'s Monly weekends). With the slow stretches, and realy on the other end, it's also too much.

6 trip (G)'s. Only one left, I believe.

The (3) is like the (C), even starting and ending in the same general areas, except that the (3) is express. Still a bit much, especially with all the congestion in the A Div.

Then, long 2 trippers, with uncomfortable equipment (in my opinion): (A)(F), and because it's local, the (R) can seem that way too, but doesn't seem quite as bad for some reason.

The (2) was supposed to be "the Beast", but when I had it, I was lucky to actually have G.O.s with only one trip almost every weekend. There was one or two weekends where it was 2 trips all local, but perhaps with the comfortable new equpiment, and the novelty of the foreign territory, it didn't seem unbearable to me. With the old redbirds, I imagine it was worse.

The (N) seems to be the nicest, because it is 2 trips but not as long as the other 2 trip lines, so there is plenty of extra time, as well as the new equipment.

Four Trip (J)'s Monly weekends). With the slow stretches, and realy on the other end, it's also too much.

The (3) is like the (C), even starting and ending in the same general areas, except that the (3) is express. Still a bit much, especially with all the congestion in the A Div.

What do you mean by 'trips'? One trip being a round trip to/from remote terminal or a single trip?

If I were to be a T/O, I would rather be the B div. A div has too much congestion, crowding, delays, and emergency reroutes.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.1; en-us; dream) AppleWebKit/525.10+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0.4 Mobile Safari/523.12.2)

What do you mean by 'trips'? One trip being a round trip to/from remote terminal or a single trip?
One "trip" is a round trip; one direction is an interval, or even a "half" trip. (Like some of those really long lines will have one and a half, or three intervals, and you either deadhead back to your starting terminal, or finish at the other terminal).

I should also mention that shuttles are generally tiring to me because it?s back and forth; back and forth, changing ends, short breaks, etc.

The (1) had the most newbies at one time in the A Div, but since the new South Ferry was suppose to be opened, and the pick was made for according to this, alot of seniors came back, since now they would get a break (around 12minutes, at the Ferry end). The (6) was 2nd. Why? The loop. Now the 6 has the loop, and that is now the "rookie" line. They have left my ashy black a$$ over there and on the 4. I hate the 6 with a passion now, the (4) I can tolerate since the crew office has forced upon me midnights, and if there are no track gangs delaying service (usually from my experiences there are no less than 6 on the (6), compared with around 2 on the (1)), the 4 to New lots, with a WAA (Work as Assigned), Lunch and Put-In (get train from yard, and inspect it for service, bring it to terminal) back to back then 1 last trip (I can do this). I get off my train after my first trip, head straight to the yard, check out train, and can have 1 hour or more for myself, before bringing the train to the terminal.........

Ouch. The (J) does have a lot of slow stretches (timer playground).

My Worst that I hate is the (F) Line just way to long and they put everything in front of you then to top it off a 10-15 Min solo relay at 179. I hate that stretch between Jay and Begin. The only good part of the line is between 63/Lex to Continenal but I can get that on the (E) at least Queens Plaza to Continenal. I also don't like the Culver Line and to top it off you have to key by signals at Stillwell Term. The (D) is my second worst because of the 20 Minute relay at 205 St and dealing with the 3 worst towers I know of 59,Dekalb, Murphy. Also if you work Before 7AM or After 9PM you could follow a slow moving work train over the Manhattan Bridge:mad: The 3rd worst the (R) its a slow local but moves alittle on Wkends but still not a fun trip.

My favorite run is the (A) 207 to Lefferts Express its fast and like those two terminals. I like the (C) because its a fast local and I did those 3 tripper you lived on the train for 9 hrs. However my favoite line to work is the (W) followed at a very close second the (V) it fast and short with equal time on and off the train. The only reason the (W) is first because Astoria is outside with a great view of the city skyline but I do love my (V)!

The IRT as a C/R was most clear cut my worst the (2) its the line that never ends did it Express and local on both Lex and 7 AV Lines. Also when I did it we operated R 33 Redbirds these (2) C/R's don't know what it is to work anymore. My Favorite (5) Line one trip to Flatbush and one trip to Bowling Green but 3 trips on the (6) out of Parkchester was good too!

Archived