R188

kngmn

what is the plan when R188 come to service.

when R62A retire in 2020 - 2021.

what is the future of 42street shuttle.

there is no point ( maybe keeping 42 street shuttle in 2015.

make 70 cars of R188 single

all the rest R188 be 5 car unit

when it come to service in 2014?

when will R62's going to be rebuilded.

that my hope

I doubt the r62 will be rebuilded at all, its debut came in a time where the graffiti and abuse to the subway cars were coming to an end so it didnt suffer as much as the 32,38,40,42,44,46 Imo, thus, rebulding would be unneccesary due to the good treatment they recieve, same as the 68. When the 32,40,42 etc were the same age as the 62s,they were crap. as for the other things, they is no evidence nor material to get any conclusion from.

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8330/4.3.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Genetrally every car class nowadays gets a mid life overhaul bc the components even if well maintained don't last as long as the car and midlife some component upgrades can be made so well wait and see but its something that Usually gets done and for a reason

Let's end this topic before it become like the last R188 topic which had to be locked due to someone being an instigator. The R188 will be built by Kawasaki in 2011 and it will only be exclusively for the (7)<7>. It not set to replace anything. It will only take off the R62A on the (7)<7> so that they can be put on the mainline. In addition SOME the R142A/S on the (4)(6) will be transfered to run along side the R188s. The R188 WILL look exactly like the R142A's matter of fact. It's just a contract number. In reality it's an extra R142A. Hope that sets you straight.

No disrespect to kngmn but I demand this gets locked so that we can prevent another flame war about future subway cars.

let's not talk about the R188s anymore. we all agree they are useless and not needed because the R62/62As do not need to retire until at least 2030. trust me, they can hit 50 years old.

who said if the R188's come the R62A's will be retired? The R188 contract calls for 23 new cars, and the rest are converted R142/A's. if the R188 comes, the R62A's from Corona are just being transferred, not retired.

who said if the R188's come the R62A's will be retired? The R188 contract calls for 23 new cars, and the rest are converted R142/A's. if the R188 comes, the R62A's from Corona are just being transferred, not retired.

i do not think there is enough room for any new R188s no matter where it goes.

if they put the 62's back on the mainline, wouldn't there be too many cars running on the mainline? what happens then?

Well, then you're gonna get a case of a overcrowded line which is kinda dangerous especially with the (7) jammed as it already is.

It's been said already that if the R188s do come in the near future, the R142As or R142s from the mainlines would swap with the R62As from the (7). There would be no overcrowding of lines more than there is now (barring growth of ridership) or retiring of cars.

It's been said already that if the R188s do come in the near future, the R142As or R142s from the mainlines would swap with the R62As from the (7). There would be no overcrowding of lines or retiring of cars.

Yea, I know that, but he said if they were to not go away, which like you said is not gonna happen.

Archived