Port Authority Trans-Hudson

Harry

My dad said when he used to take the path from journal square, when he was about 19 or so and traveled between NJ and NY, and he said that the path train looked about 200% better than it does today,and he says the the trains look similar to the ones he used to ride on is this possible/true.

Your father is very right. PA 1, 2, and 3 are still running to this day, along with the cars that came in the late 80s, the PA-4s. The PA-5s are expecting to replace the entire current fleet, when cars start arriving in a few years. Tehre should be a demo test train coming soon, since the manufactuor is Kawasaki, so might have to wait til Kawasaki gets the MTA NYCT Subway R160 order done.

• 2 weeks later...
I like the path but the last time I rode it I smelled sewage.

You're right. The last time I used to PATH to Newark Penn to grab a Raritan NJT and I also smelled sewage. It wasn't that bad but I did smell it.

• 2 years later...

I like PATH.

Journal Square-33d Street

Journal Square-33d Street Via Hoboken

Newark-World Trade Center

I haven't ridden the Hoboken-33d Street or Hoboken-World Trade Center lines.

Favorite PATH stations are Journal Square, Harrison, Grove Street, Pavonia Avenue-Newport, Ninth Street.

Favorite PATH cars are PA-1s, K Cars, PA-2s, PA-5s.

I like PATH.

Favorite PATH stations are Journal Square, Harrison, Grove Street, Pavonia Avenue-Newport, Ninth Street.

PA5>R160

I like PATH.

PA5>R160

Did you guys just have to dig up a thread that is 2 years and 3 months old? There are plenty of other PATH threads, and if you have a question you can start your own. I'm no moderator but I hope the thread is closed.

Well seeing that PATH is the busiest transit system per line track mile in the country and 3rd in the world, i'd say no thread about it is ever going to really be dead unless it's a specific question answered and case closed.

I am really looking forward to 10 car operation on the red line. Problem is, Grove st is only 8 cars long. Perhaps run an express that passes gst and harrison?

- A

Well seeing that PATH is the busiest transit system per line track mile in the country and 3rd in the world, i'd say no thread about it is ever going to really be dead unless it's a specific question answered and case closed.

I am really looking forward to 10 car operation on the red line. Problem is, Grove st is only 8 cars long. Perhaps run an express that passes gst and harrison?

- A

The thread isn't about a particular question or issue. It was just one of the original threads Harry posted to get things started on this site and has outlived its relevance.

Oh yeah, I forgot too add few things: Hoboken (the town itself) as well as Newport Shopping Mall (by SIMON Malls) is two very different destinations. Hobokon has the feeling of a good old American small town while right next door is a sophiticated modern American city.

Yea, it has huge amounts of contrast all along the system, i mean christopher street has sex shops and little old brownstones and cafes & 33rd st is right near penn station, cosmopolitan area of manhattan. The PATH system effectively stitches the 2 sides of the river together, and with HBLR, and the (NYCT) it allows tight integration of the NYC/JC/NWK/HOB area.

- A

Archived