Have the R110s NTT in service

mark1447

The R-110A could be enough for the 42nd Street Shuttle but the R-110B may not be enough for Franklin since 3 cars are used for repairing the other ones and 3 are for training and 3 are sitting in the 207 Street year. Railfan trip only possible with the R-110A and railfain trip for the R-110B only possible for limited amount of people, most likely only Museam Members.

No, there are 6 sitting in the yard, 2 as training cars and one in front of a school.

I remember when they used to be in service the last time i saw one was in 125st back in 1997 or 1998 all i saw was the back part of the lit up (C) when i saw it i was like what kind of train was that i couldent see the whole train only like a inch of the back cause i was on a uptown (D) train still doors not closed. So the (C) left the station 1st. Thats the last time i ever saw a glimps of the R110Bs ever after that day i always thinked what type of train was that and till i started reading about trains like around 2005 then i thought and said "ooooo thats the train i saw the R110b with the exact (C) light and back design" too bad i never rode it cause i was only like 5 or 6yr old to go by myself.

IIRC the R110A/B cars were only prototypes and were never meant for revenue service. That's why there are only one of each. The R142/142A and R143 cars were based on these cars and all subsequent NTT cars are/will be also. Years ago the B2 division ran a prototype car ( SOAC ), for a few months. Although an order was never contracted for those cars I believe other cities did use it to design their cars. I believe the R110A&B cars served their purpose and as there are no spare parts for them they will never see passenger service again. Fan trips, well maybe, although I doubt if the (MTA) would take the chance citing safety factors. Imagine the publicity if,on a fan trip, something happened on cars with KNOWN braking or electrical problems.

(NYCT) was willing to install conductor boards just for the R110Bs, but they did not want to install those for the R40/40M/42s when they ran on the (C). i find it ironic now. R40/40M/42s looked good on the (C) and should have stayed there and the same goes for the R32s on the (E) (you have no idea how much i despise that line now) and R38s on the (A). as for the school in Brooklyn, that is P.S.248, the (MTA) teaching center. it is by 25th Avenue on the (D) line. R110B 3005 replaced an R16 there back in 2004.

Why do you despise the (E) so much? Just because it runs cars you don't like? Pfft. Stop acting like you'll kill yourself if you ride a car you don't like.

Replying to the OP, the cars were MEANT to be just prototypes so they will NEVER be brought back to service again.

IIRC the R110A/B cars were only prototypes and were never meant for revenue service. That's why there are only one of each. The R142/142A and R143 cars were based on these cars and all subsequent NTT cars are/will be also. Years ago the B2 division ran a prototype car ( SOAC ), for a few months. Although an order was never contracted for those cars I believe other cities did use it to design their cars. I believe the R110A&B cars served their purpose and as there are no spare parts for them they will never see passenger service again. Fan trips, well maybe, although I doubt if the (MTA) would take the chance citing safety factors. Imagine the publicity if,on a fan trip, something happened on cars with KNOWN braking or electrical problems.

But what if they passed the test , would they been in revenue right now?

Why do you despise the (E) so much? Just because it runs cars you don't like? Pfft. Stop acting like you'll kill yourself if you ride a car you don't like.

that is why i avoid the R42s (E) and R44s (A) as much as i can while always trying to ride the R32s (C) as often as i can. it is pitiful how the (E) went from sleek and shiny to rusted and ugly in such a short time.

that is why i avoid the R42s (E) and R44s (A) as much as i can while always trying to ride the R32s (C) as often as i can. it is pitiful how the (E) went from sleek and shiny to rusted and ugly in such a short time.

I'm pretty sure 45-year old cars can't be sleek and shiny. The R42 is made mostly out of stainless steel so most of the carbody is just as "sleek and shiny" as the R32s, save for the roofs and the car ends. And why does it matter if the (E) will be all R160s by the end of the year anyway? The subway cars are no reason to avoid a line at all.

I'm pretty sure 45-year old cars can't be sleek and shiny. The R42 is made mostly out of stainless steel so most of the carbody is just as "sleek and shiny" as the R32s, save for the roofs and the car ends. And why does it matter if the (E) will be all R160s by the end of the year anyway? The subway cars are no reason to avoid a line at all.

R42s are a mix of carbon steel and stainless steel while R32s are pure stainless steel. that is why R32s are better than R42s even though they are older. when the (E) becomes fully R160s, i will start riding on that line again.

R42s are a mix of carbon steel and stainless steel while R32s are pure stainless steel. that is why R32s are better than R42s even though they are older. when the (E) becomes fully R160s, i will start riding on that line again.

You know something? The subway is a not a place where you avoid lines just because of the cars. It's to transport people in and out, moving people from A to B in the shortest time possible. If you don't like the subway, don't ride it at all. Stop avoiding lines just because you hate the cars on it. I find it to be profoundly infantile.

90% of the car that is visible is stainless steel.

another reason why i cannot stand the R42s is the f*** up interiors. the seats are uncomfortable, the roll signs are ugly, and the metal and painted walls have been vandalized and scratched. i feel very unsafe in the R42s.

Might as well leave NYC.

Archived