B line?

kngmn

if you want to get those "crappy" R160s off the (Q), then you better pray for weekend (B) service. R160s are a lot faster than R68/68As. everytime an R160 (Q) and R68/68A (B) depart a station simultaneously, the (Q) accelerates a lot quicker.

it doesnt matter wat train is faster that wat, the R68/R68A's have more room for more customers. R160's may be faster trains, but it'll fit less people, especially during rush hours. no offense, i hate the R160's, especially on the (Q).

Exactly Man. Especially now that Avenue U/Neck Rd, are under reconstruction (and I heard Newkirk Av is beginning rehab), running even more trains along the Brighton Line, is not the best idea. However, I will say, that a weekend Harlem-145 St to Prospect Park (B) service, can/should be considered by the (MTA).

i think Newkirk Av is being fixed on the weekends though because the Coney Island-bound (Q) has been running express, skipping Newkirk Av for the pass 2 weekends without notices or any other info.

and yes it would be a little nice for (D) trains to stop at DeKalb Av on the weekends via 4 Ave Local (instead of waiting for the (R) local), and YES THE (R) IS A VERY SLOW LINE ON THE WEEKENDS!!!!, WORST THAN THE (N). other than that...

NO (B) SERVICE ON THE WEEKENDS!!!!! THAT'LL CAUSE TOO MUCH CONGESTION BETWEEN DEKALB AV AND PROSPECT PARK. (TOO MANY TRAINS ON ONE TRACK) THEY HAVE ALTERNATES SUCH AS THE (A)(C)(D)(1) LINES, USE THEM.

Exactly Man. Especially now that Avenue U/Neck Rd, are under reconstruction (and I heard Newkirk Av is beginning rehab), running even more trains along the Brighton Line, is not the best idea. However, I will say, that a weekend Harlem-145 St to Prospect Park (B) service, can/should be considered by the (MTA).

look at that, even my friend Brighton Local agrees with me.:tup:

That makes no sense....(B) goes to Harlem-145th Street and Bedford Park Blvd in one straight shot....and the (F) goes up and down 6th Avenue on one straight shoot as well. When they get to 34th Street-Herald Square, the tower will have to figure out which train leaves 1st which causes congestion for the (D) and (V) trains.....again makes no sense for the (F) to be express and (B) to be local via 6th Avenue. Let the (B) and (F) stay excatly where they are!

the only time the (B) should go local is if they have delays on the (F) and (V), or if they have a major problem such as signal problems, derailment (god forbid), smoke condition, or a broken rail, then they'll reroute the (F) via the (E) line, suspend the entire (V) line and make the (B)(D) run via 6 Av Local to replace the (F)(V) in situations like this.

Never mind, I like the (;) and (C) to have the same thing but on Different lines... LOLz, don't have to panic, ;)!

Then will you stop coming up with random proposals if you don't even agree with them? This is why your posts are so confusing and inane.

if you want to get those "crappy" R160s off the (Q), then you better pray for weekend (:o service. R160s are a lot faster than R68/68As. everytime an R160 (Q) and R68/68A (B) depart a station simultaneously, the (Q) accelerates a lot quicker.

All trains travel at the same speed. Acceleration rates don't determine top speed. The top speeds may be slightly different but nothing significant.

mta nyct should consider that B line should run on weekends.

sat: 6:30 a.m. - 8:30p.m.

sun; 7:00 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.

in weekends B line will not go to

Bedford pk in weekends:

the last stop will be in weekends is 145 street

it will be good B line run on weekends

why did B line stop running on weekend.

It can conflict with G.Os if they are ordered along the line. And by the way, have you thought of using a question mark?

I agree with my ideas but to keep people from getting offended, I need to change my mind... And, sorry for the confusion, but no insanity is included...

Instead of doing that, you should support your ideas with a valid argument. That's what makes a good forum: people have different ideas and have discussions about these ideas.

Instead of doing that, you should support your ideas with a valid argument. That's what makes a good forum: people have different ideas and have discussions about these ideas.

Exactly! :tup:

I know but people seem to get crazy about it, like it is going to happen and I am a MTA Cheif when I don't even work for (MTA)...

You shouldn't have to change your opinion b/c some may not agree. Lee said it best "support your ideas with a VALID argument" and most importantly, stay on topic. If we stray from the topic (like what's beginning to happen on this thread) it just causes confusion, redundancy, and/or just plain pointless posts. Therefore, causing a (what could have been) interesting and 'hot' thread to be closed.

With that said, let's just get back on topic guys:)

Whatever... My final thought is my long time thought...

(B) and (C) Lines both stop at 145th Street and end at same station they stop at now days... Pireod... (B) is needed to serve people from Brighton or 6th Ave to each other!

So... you want the B and C to TERMINATE at the SAME station.

Is that what you are trying to say?

Guest Charles
You know there is center tracks on different levels of 145th Street at it would not be anyhow different for the (A) to make a few extra stops, just two extra stations, that is all!

NO

Let me explain:

1) Sure, between 145 Street and 168 Street, there's just 155 Street and 163 Street. Two lesser-used stations in terms of passenger capacity. But do you realized how crowded (A) trains are between 207 Street and 145 Street?! Same with the (C). Most trains are still filled by the time it chugs into Washington Heights. There are quite a bit of schools in that neighborhood, coupled with the highly residential areas of Washington Heights, Hamilton Heights, and Inwood. You already have (A) trains making quite a bit of stops from 168 St to 207 St. Supplmentary (C) service is an absolute must to 168 Street to relieve crowding on the (A). Making 2 stops at 163 and 155 Street is a lot more than it sounds; if you ride the (A)/© like I do every other day into Washington Heights, you would know what I'm talking about.

2) There's one terminating track at 145 Street IIRC. Two lines to terminate on 1 track? Kinda tough...

3) There are tracks to the yard at 168 Street. Quite essential.

Is there 3 tracks to terminate in two separate levels (2 center on (A)/© level and 1 Center on (;)/(D))?

That is what I have seen on photos... And I would have to go to that area during evening rush to prove it...

They are two extra tracks near 135th Street not 145th Street.....those tracks merge into one another making them go to the upper level of 145th Street and rest on the lower of 145th Street. The only way the terminate @ 145th Street is on the lower level on the middle where the (B) terminates doing mid-days and evenings cause the (A) to make local stops after 145th Street!

I saw two center tracks on the 145th Street - nycsubway.org page: http://www.nycsubway.org/perl/stations?7:55.

This photo show clearly that there are two side and two center tracks:

http://www.nycsubway.org/perl/show?90303.

Okay both links you showed me two express tracks and two local tracks that are no turn arounds and its in use....so what am I missing?

Archived