Hippo Coverage

MattTrain

Someone get on car 5126! there should be a surprise waiting for you if you are smart enough to have a camera...Maserati7200 knows...

I haven't seen that in a while, I wonder what that surprise is?

I think Ive been on 5126, Whats up with it? Nice Shots Matt!

Thanks a lot, Zach! I'm glad you like them.

Do you know when is car 5126 running next week? I want to see the surprise... BTW, great R-68 Hippotacular, pix, :P!

Hey, no problem, the R68 and R68A train cars are my favorites, other than the R160A and R160B cars.

Nice pics. Looks like you caught (Q6).

That (Q6) is an error, The train was probably used for rush hour service.

A lot of your pics are kinda dim, other than that, nice pictures!

And I actually caught a set of R68's on the (N) Wednesday morning, it was a pleasant surprise since I thought they were totally gone from the (N). And it was an awesome ride.

They are dim you're right, but I can't do much about that, especially on the inside. I can use flash, but I don't want to annoy the other passengers. Thanks for you comment.

I caught 5126 on the (Q) the on 1-31-09, facing the southbound direction.

but since so much time has gone, i think the MTA would have fixed the surprise element by now.

The Surprise element was a missing rollsign, right?

Anyways, I rode a (;) R68A set I photographed yesterday.

Onetrains001.jpg

Onetrains002.jpg

Onetrains003.jpg

Onetrains004.jpg

Onetrains005.jpg

Onetrains006.jpg

Onetrains007.jpg

Onetrains008.jpg

Onetrains009.jpg

Onetrains010.jpg

Onetrains011.jpg

Onetrains012.jpg

Onetrains013.jpg

Onetrains014.jpg

Onetrains015.jpg

Onetrains016.jpg

Onetrains017.jpg

Onetrains018.jpg

Onetrains019.jpg

Onetrains020.jpg

nice photos

The R68 and R68A cars are still hanging around, mostly on the (;) these days, and yes the (D) which I didn't cover here. There seems to be less of the R68/68A cars on the (Q) and (W), and I have not seen any of those sets on the (N) anymore. I'd take photos of the Franklin Avenue Shuttle, but I don't want to be picked on, so I'll leave that alone. Thanks for you comment, Daniel the Cool.

I think the surprise on 5126 is that the interior rollsign is missing.

Nice pics! They are kinda dim, but I remember you saying in another thread you made them that way. I think it has to do with the white balance setting on your camera. Set it to a brighter setting and the pics should come out better.

I think the surprise on 5126 is that the interior rollsign is missing.

Nice pics! They are kinda dim, but I remember you saying in another thread you made them that way. I think it has to do with the white balance setting on your camera. Set it to a brighter setting and the pics should come out better.

Okay, I'll take your word for that, daylight is the brightest setting for my white balance. I usually have it on auto-mode, which the white balance setting adjusts to the brightness of the environment.

not exactly what i would call an interesting surprise, but that may be true (i wasn't paying attention to the rollsigns when i was on the car itself...)

Oh wow, however I think that surprise might have been fixed, I'll pay attention to it when I board that train car.

Awesomeness!

Diamond W!!!!!!!!! :tup::tup::tup:

That diamond (W) is a mistake, that's an old (W) rollsign before the signs were changed in 2001 to reflect the Manhattan Bridge service changes. Anyways the (W) diamond sign is looking cool on the R68s and R68As

Okay, I'll take your word for that, daylight is the brightest setting for my white balance. I usually have it on auto-mode, which the white balance setting adjusts to the brightness of the environment.

Oh wow, however I think that surprise might have been fixed, I'll pay attention to it when I board that train car.

That diamond (W) is a mistake, that's an old (W) rollsign before the signs were changed in 2001 to reflect the Manhattan Bridge service changes. Anyways the (W) diamond sign is looking cool on the R68s and R68As

Yeah I know that, I saw a diamond W before last year.

Yeah I know that, I saw a diamond W before last year.

Oh I see so the diamond (W)'s aren't that rare.

I'll give you a hint: check the front of the car when inside...

that's all (but a real big give-away)

I'm trying to figure that out, I can't wait, don't give the surprise away, please, but thanks for the hint.

Archived