Hippo Coverage

MattTrain

Oh I see so the diamond (W)'s aren't that rare.

Oh wow, however I think that surprise might have been fixed, I'll pay attention to it when I board that train car.

I'm trying to figure that out, I can't wait, don't give the surprise away, please, but thanks for the hint.

They are just as common as a <Q> on hippos, IIRC.

Brilliant pictures!

Why are the car numbers on the R68 exteriors a different font than all others? I kinda like it.

The R68 car numbers, (Alstom-built ones) have a thin lettering. You're right, that's a very good observation. Why are the car numbers styled differently, you ask? It's how the manufacturers built them. The numbers are very thin, and the R68A, the numbers appear thick, you know the font.

Thanks for your opinion, my theory as of why the R68 car numbers appear the way they are today.

omg i love R68/R68A cars!!!!! i wish i had a O-Scale subway set of R68/R68a's myself. i can ride in those cars all day long w/o any complaints.

by the way, R68A car 5126 i havent seen in a while either, but yes, the rollsign has been missing for quite a while as well, same goes for 5070*, 5133, 5135 and 5195.

*i think.

Getting those O-scale models of the R68 are difficult, and not much are on sale, I checked online, forgot the site, but they're sold out.

Back to the topic, the R68A's cars are missing some roll signs. You got the numbers right, except for 5070, no roll sign is missing there. R68 and R68A cars still linger around the (Q)(W), dominate the (;)(D), but very hard to find on the (N).

Archived