Big move for new SIR locomotives

metsfan

The locomotives are in the road switcher class with 1500+ HP and all kinds of low emissions and other fancy technology. Getting the locomotives to staten island and on SIR rails was a big move coordinated by several companies including weeks marine and a company involved in transporting the new engines over the road to the rails without incident. Very interesting journey. The same companies removed the old equipment from the island as well.

http://www.brookvilleequipment.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=159#159

To see 115 tons in the air is an interesting sight. You can see the lines and geometries it shares with a main line passenger locomotive, its big brother the BL20GH.

- A

Yea, i was shocked to find this. I would not be surprised if MNRR ordered more of their offerings, as they also have models that tout 3rd rail or catenary + diesel..... I see (MTA) also possibly using dual power from these guys to replace the LIRR EMD units when the time comes....

- A

I was walking behind the Clifton shop on Friday did not see the new locos out side or any where on the line because the was work on the system at several spots, I had ridden the train from Atlantic to Clifton to go for my divorce at court in the homeport and back, but did notice a very long construction low trailer parked in the back took a second look just to see if it had offical plates and sure it did and the SIRT symbol on it . This bad boy trailer was as long as the size of ether a SIRT rr car or one of those new loco's that they got. I could have taken a pic with my cell but didn't because I had looked at an article in a yahoo group that i belong to and it was posted that someone was arrested for taken pic on or near the subway system.(NYCT)

I was walking behind the Clifton shop on Friday did not see the new locos out side or any where on the line because the was work on the system at several spots, I had ridden the train from Atlantic to Clifton to go for my divorce at court in the homeport and back, but did notice a very long construction low trailer parked in the back took a second look just to see if it had offical plates and sure it did and the SIRT symbol on it . This bad boy trailer was as long as the size of ether a SIRT rr car or one of those new loco's that they got. I could have taken a pic with my cell but didn't because I had looked at an article in a yahoo group that i belong to and it was posted that someone was arrested for taken pic on or near the subway system.(NYCT)

Interesting. I wonder if they will test them hauling a SIR set.....

- A

Archived