R160 on R line (CBTC)

kngmn

yOu know people need to release that the PURPOSE of getting NEW cars is to replace the OLDEST car. The (R) cant get CBTC because it merges up with other routes along the way, then then it would requres CBTC to be expanded, for example if I had it on the (R) then the (E) would need it, but it goes on, the (A) would then need it, the (D) and so. I could be wrong, but im just saying what i can say.

The R46 does NOT need any replacement at at this time. It got GOH in the late 80s to early 90s, and it is getting SMS right now [Repaint end car, HVAC replacement and so]. The (E) and (F) really need them because theyare using the R32 and R40/42 with the exception of the (F) which has r46. Maybe the (A) and (C) can get them or wait for the R179 or R46)Fpr the (C) ) seeing that they also have the oldest car too, R32, 38, 40S, and 40M.

To conclude this, forget the (R).. The (L) got cbtc and the (7) is getting it when R188 is out................ as they are not connected to any mainlines...

The reason as to why the (L) and the (7) got CBTC is because these lines are the only lines that don't merge or split off with any other line. It makes it easier for the MTA to install CBTC and iron out any problems and glitches that it might get. When you do that with a line that shares track with other lines, it makes things a lot more complicated. Right now the MTA is just doing a slow roll out of CBTC so they can test out the technology before rolling it out system. Also, CBTC implementation would involve shutting down portions of the line.

That's your opinion, the (R) may get R160 in the future, anything can happen.

Then thats you opinion too

I dont think the R160 is needed on the (R) UNLESS the (MTA) wants the Queens Blvd line R160 completely as well as the Brodway line, this would mean that the (G) wont need R68s but have them run R160s. But I think its better that the R160 goes for the lines with older cars, the R46 should just stick with the (R) and have the R160 run on the (C) and maybe the (A) as I mentioned

Then thats you opinion too

I dont think the R160 is needed on the (R) UNLESS the (MTA) wants the Queens Blvd line R160 completely as well as the Brodway line, this would mean that the (G) wont need R68s but have them run R160s. But I think its better that the R160 goes for the lines with older cars, the R46 should just stick with the (R) and have the R160 run on the (C) and maybe the (A) as I mentioned

I didn't say the (R)should get the R160s, I said it may. There is a big difference between those two words.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the R44 and R46 CBTC capable? I remember reading about how the R44/R46 was equipped with advanced technology for the SAS (which was being built in the 70's) because of its advanced signal system, and can run on it. I'm not sure if thats CBTC, but it definitely has some extra tech inside.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the R44 and R46 CBTC capable? I remember reading about how the R44/R46 was equipped with advanced technology for the SAS (which was being built in the 70's) because of its advanced signal system, and can run on it. I'm not sure if thats CBTC, but it definitely has some extra tech inside.

CBTC wasn't even invented back then yet. The R44/46 were suppose to be the state-of-the-art trains for SAS in 1970s. But no, they do know have CBTC in them.

Archived