Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
4 Train

Delays due to wind?????

I just received a text message from the (MTA) stating that all NYCT and MTA Buses are running with delays due to high winds. I was just curious how can a city bus be delayed by wind. I can understand buses that travel via bridges but on city streets? Any info would be appreciated.

Edited by 4 Train

I just received a text message from the (MTA) stating that all NYCT and MTA Buses are running due to high winds.

It doesn't sound like they're delayed to me. They might even be running faster than normal with the wind to their back. B)

It doesn't sound like they're delayed to me. They might even be running faster than normal with the wind to their back. B)

Try to drive an MCI in wind like this, you might crap your pants. At least the pants will be air dried:)

There were massive NJT bus delays in Newark today. Broad Street was closed to vehicles near The Rock for some reason. When I got to Market Street, the FD was trying to secure a sign at the Conway Store.

That whole area is extremely prone to wind because the ocean is right there and tall buildings funnel them to street level. I bet landing at EWR was fun today!!!

- A