Train operator exam

SIBusOperator

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am out from of town. I got assigned to Grace Dodge VHS in the Bronx off of Fordham Road. (Near the zoo and Fordham University.)

I am going to be staying near Columbus Circle, so I was thinking of taking the (A) to 207th Street and getting the Bx12-SBS to Southern Ave then walking the two blocks.

Does the test really take 3 hours? The admission ticket says one session of 3 hours. My test is scheduled for 10am, so should I plan on not getting out till 1pm.

Also, are they very strict on not taking cell phones into the buildings?

The test shouldn't take 3 hours but you have up to 3 hours to finish it. I would say it's around 40-60 minutes if you really take your time and double check all your answers. I would keep the cellphone turned off and hidden in your pocket. They don't do scanning.

They don't check for cellphones. Just turn it off before you get into the building and you will be fine.

For those of you who have not taken a Civil Service test before, make sure you bring a form of personal identification and #2 pencils. Also, they give you a form on a yellow sheet of paper to write your answers. About four weeks after the exam, DCAS posts the proposed answers on their web site and you can determine your score on the exam. Of course, this is a tentative answer key subject to candidates contesting answers. good luck!

They don't check for cellphones. Just turn it off before you get into the building and you will be fine.

For those of you who have not taken a Civil Service test before, make sure you bring a form of personal identification and #2 pencils. Also, they give you a form on a yellow sheet of paper to write your answers. About four weeks after the exam, DCAS posts the proposed answers on their web site and you can determine your score on the exam. Of course, this is a tentative answer key subject to candidates contesting answers. good luck!

I don't remember being checked for ID, they just check your admittance sheet.

I don't remember being checked for ID, they just check your admittance sheet.

I have taken two tests in the past six months and both times, when seated in the classroom, they asked to see photo ID. They go around to each seat to verify who you are and also do a quick fingerprint. While you are told to get there by 10am, they start the exam about an hour later. I have never seen such a slow and methodical process.

did you guys receive your exam notice in the mail..i didnt even receive mines as yet and i know the exam is this week..this is the second time they didnt send my exam notice..the first one was the conductor exam and i had to go to the city to get it..this time i cant even go to the city due to my job telling us we cant take no more days off for a while..i will try to call them today and see if they can do anything

didnt even received mines yet..tired of dcas not sending it to me..i cant take a day off from work to go get it in the city either..this is the 3rd time they didnt send me my exam notice and i had to go to the city twice already

here is an update..

i called DCAS spoke to someone by the name Peter..he told me the info where i have to go take the exam and the time which is 3:30..he told me i can go without the admission card(which i still dont feel right about) and they should be able to let me take the exam..anyone ever experience this same problem with DCAs here they didnt receive there addmission slip for the exam and went without it?

here is an update..

i called DCAS spoke to someone by the name Peter..he told me the info where i have to go take the exam and the time which is 3:30..he told me i can go without the admission card(which i still dont feel right about) and they should be able to let me take the exam..anyone ever experience this same problem with DCAs here they didnt receive there addmission slip for the exam and went without it?

I have a feeling he is wrong. When I went for the C/R exam, they checked everyone for the admission card.

thats exactly what i am thinking also..but i guess i will give it try..i wish i can go get the admission card but my job is not letting me leave early or taking a day off...so i am screwed as we speak..so my only option is to wait on that long ass line and take a chance and see if they let me in to take the exam and maybe i can sign some paper works or something

thats exactly what i am thinking also..but i guess i will give it try..i wish i can go get the admission card but my job is not letting me leave early or taking a day off...so i am screwed as we speak..so my only option is to wait on that long ass line and take a chance and see if they let me in to take the exam and maybe i can sign some paper works or something

As long as you go to the correct location at the correct time you are good. They will ask for the people that don't have admission cards and you will get a blank one that you must fill out yourself.

If I can't make it to my session due to a prior engagement, am I pretty much screwed, or can I call somewhere to see if they can put me in a different session?

Thanks. =)

You're screwed. To request a different day, you needed to do that at the time of the application and it was for religious purposes.

If I can't make it to my session due to a prior engagement, am I pretty much screwed, or can I call somewhere to see if they can put me in a different session?

Thanks. =)

Not 100% sure but I think you're screwed!!

Thanks. =)

Pretty much screwed. If it's a social thing my advice would be to give the test priority, your friends will wait. If it's something important that you really can't get out of (Death in the family - i sure hope not, but something along those lines) then I don't know what to tell you.

Archived