Train operator exam

SIBusOperator

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anyone know where the exam for T/O #8098 will take place and what time? I enlisted and I still haven't received any info on where & what time will it take place.

It depends on your assignment. YOu should get a yellow card in the mail with all that info...it's different for everyone depending on where you live and how full the other times/places are. If you don't get it by tomorrow go down town and see DCAS and get one.

It depends on your assignment. YOu should get a yellow card in the mail with all that info...it's different for everyone depending on where you live and how full the other times/places are. If you don't get it by tomorrow go down town and see DCAS and get one.

I take it back. I just checked my mail and I have to report to the Bronx Regional HS @ 10AM. Thanks for responding SubwayGuy. Good luck to everyone taking this exam. :)

I take it back. I just checked my mail and I have to report to the Bronx Regional HS @ 10AM. Thanks for responding SubwayGuy. Good luck to everyone taking this exam. ;)

darn it u r lucky i gotta go all the way 2 qnz I.S. 125 @ 3:30Pm

I got 3:30 at Grace Dodge.. whew. So happy its not a night session.

Hopefully I can get out in 2 hours like I did for the C/R test.

(1.5 of those 2 hours being waiting to go to my classroom, etc.)

Do you think I can get away with wearing shorts?

I'm assuming nobody will care.

I got 3:30 at Grace Dodge.. whew. So happy its not a night session.

Hopefully I can get out in 2 hours like I did for the C/R test.

(1.5 of those 2 hours being waiting to go to my classroom, etc.)

Do you think I can get away with wearing shorts?

I'm assuming nobody will care.

You will be fine wearing shorts....you're not going to a formal dinner!

geez its frustrating when you dont receive your admitting card to take the exam..its tuesday and still didnt receive this dam card

this is straight from the Train Operator Notice of Examination: "You should receive an Admission Card in the mail about 10 days before the date of the test. If you do not receive an Admission Card at least 4 days before the test date, you must go

to the Examining Service Section, 1 Centre Street, 14th floor, New York, NY, 10007, to obtain a duplicate card."

geez its frustrating when you dont receive your admitting card to take the exam..its tuesday and still didnt receive this dam card

That sucks man,I would be stressed out as well. Maybe one of your neighbors got it? I get my neighbors mail and vice versa every now and then when my regular mailman is off.

Just go down to DCAS and get the card. That is what they tell you to do if you don't get the admission card in the mail.

i live in brooklyn, and they sent me to the bronx to take the test why is that?

and also i read a thread that said they exam notice was open, both me and my wife mail exam notice was open any idea why? but i do have the yellow paper.

i live in brooklyn, and they sent me to the bronx to take the test why is that?

and also i read a thread that said they exam notice was open, both me and my wife mail exam notice was open any idea why? but i do have the yellow paper.

It's random plus due to the amount of people that filed for this exam, there is the issue of fitting everyone in. Now the issue regarding the open exam notice is going to be something that you will have to discuss with the post master at your local post office. My exam notice was sealed when I got it.

this is my 2nd time going to dcas to get an admitting card..once was for the conductor exam and now its for the t/0 exam..when they punch my name in there computer everything comes up fine...i cant even go to dcas for the 2nd time..my job is not allowing us time off..so i am screwed..i call dcas and they told me to just go to the school and they will make me fill out some paper works there..

this is my 2nd time going to dcas to get an admitting card..once was for the conductor exam and now its for the t/0 exam..when they punch my name in there computer everything comes up fine...i cant even go to dcas for the 2nd time..my job is not allowing us time off..so i am screwed..i call dcas and they told me to just go to the school and they will make me fill out some paper works there..

how many more times are you gonna tell us that, bro???

what do you do for a living

medicare billing for northshore-LIJ..union put some rules on us the other day about taking days off...so basically i am screwed..i will have to ask someone who works in the city or something to do me a favor before june 6th

So you are not ALLOWED to get sick?

I guess its pretty safe to assume that my ticket isn't coming. So just a quick question; whats the address that I have to go to exactly, to pick it up in person? Do I need to bring anything special with me other than, I assume, I.D. and a copy of the receipt of purchase? I checked through the tread but didn't find an answer, so sorry if I'm reasking the same question over and over.

Say you got the stomach flu and that you treated it yourself.

This used to work in the past. I had a job for an insurance company and when you called in sick, they would tell you to come in anyway and see the nurse on staff! :P Seeing that he works for a medical institution, I would like to know how they would deal with that call. :eek:

oh man, i just answered this on page 39! (this is page 40)

this is straight from the Train Operator Notice of Examination: "You should receive an Admission Card in the mail about 10 days before the date of the test. If you do not receive an Admission Card at least 4 days before the test date, you must go

to the Examining Service Section, 1 Centre Street, 14th floor, New York, NY, 10007, to obtain a duplicate card."

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/news/2000/01/09/2000-01-09_applicants_for_ta_job_act_on.html

i found this article from Jan. 2000 about the very first Open Competitive Train Operator Exam. look at the sample questions on the bottom. how is it that they asked something train related (the 2nd question out of the three)? i sure hope the information needed to answer that question was in the exam itself

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/news/2000/01/09/2000-01-09_applicants_for_ta_job_act_on.html

i found this article from Jan. 2000 about the very first Open Competitive Train Operator Exam. look at the sample questions on the bottom. how is it that they asked something train related (the 2nd question out of the three)? i sure hope the information needed to answer that question was in the exam itself

They will give you all information you need to answer any questions about operations. You will just have to interpret the information they give you correctly and give the right response.

The stuff you're on your own for: military time, common courtesy, NYC directions (they'll give you a map for reference but not all the answers will necessarily be on the map)

Archived