Train operator exam

SIBusOperator

i wanted to start a thread for us to brush up for this T/O exam on june 6rh 2009

my questions are

which train to take to get to statue of liberty?

i need all the LANDMARKS in nyc they will ask and how to get there for EXample

which stop do you get off for the tallest tree in NYC?

answer: rockafeller st

Empire state building

answer:34st

etc etc

Are you joking?

Do anyone here have to take the exam in Grover Cleveland Highschool..anyone knows a easier way to get there from queens?

You do know the school is in Queens?

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11a Safari/525.20)

i wanted to start a thread for us to brush up for this T/O exam on june 6rh 2009

my questions are

which train to take to get to statue of liberty?

i need all the LANDMARKS in nyc they will ask and how to get there for EXample

which stop do you get off for the tallest tree in NYC?

answer: rockafeller st

Empire state building

answer:34st

etc etc

I believe they will provide maps just as they did with the conductor...might wanna pick up a subway map...all main attractions are on there,all you need to know is how to read a map. I've taken several tests with mta and really there is nothing hidden. You just need to know how to find those answers to the questions that pertain to landmarks.

you have to be in the service during a conflict or war and received a letter or campaign badge or medal you would have to look it up on who gets the points and who does not i was in the service us navy from 1979-1985 and i dont get any points if i remember you had to be in grenada conflict,lebanon,panama,kuwait,irag,afganistan,thats an example but you got to be sure disabled vets get more points i thought they get 10,and non disabled get 5 points contact dcas by email or phone go to the web site dcas

how many points do the veterans get? is it 10?

Pretty sure all veterans get 10 points on open competetive tests or they get 15 on promotional tests. This is why some guys don't use there credit originally they save it.

Do anyone here have to take the exam in Grover Cleveland Highschool..anyone knows a easier way to get there from queens?

I.S 93 where I am taking it tomorrow is about 10 blocks away. I assume that each location has an am and a pm session. The bus is easier for you if you live in Queens. Q54,Q39 stop near where you have to be at.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint PPC6850SP)

reporting live from 108-35 167th street.....the line is stretching 3 blocks long. if your taking the afternoon session get their early. goodluck

Greaaaaat! I was thinking of reversing tactics and getting there just at or after 3:30. Usually Im there an hour or so before and I still wait forever and theyd ont start the test till an hour and half after test time till everyone is seated. Figured Id just show up later and wait later but now you are scaring me straight lol.

i be taking the pm session at 108-35 167 st my freinds went for the am session its a mad house hard to find parking guess ill leave 1 hour early they said test was common sense nothing to be worried about thats good news and like the other post said the lines were very long,,,,,,,,,,,good luck to all

i be taking the pm session at 108-35 167 st my freinds went for the am session its a mad house hard to find parking guess ill leave 1 hour early they said test was common sense nothing to be worried about thats good news and like the other post said the lines were very long,,,,,,,,,,,good luck to all

there was basic math,alota comprehension, military time and operating procedures.

Hi

Knowing how high most of the most people will score on this exam, those veteran credit will definely get them the job over those who don't. I think the competition is who can score higher then 100. Since there so little openings.

For once I wish they hadn't made this exam so damn easy.

Archived