Train operator exam

SIBusOperator

You got a long long way to go for the next TSS exam but T/D exam should come out in a year or two. Alot of T/O's took that last exam. I did well but I most likely will NOT take the TSS position when called.

Your Pelham Bay Dave your destiny is on the 6 line not a motor instructor lol.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We start picking for the summer on March 16. Don't know when it will actually start though.

I am debating whether or not to pick my first EVER road job. If I do it will be 5 days on the A a.m.'s out of the rock or lefferts.

You actually get to pick which train you drive? A driver I spoke to on the (J) once told me it was random which train you got assigned to.
We don't DRIVE...We OPERATE!:) That T/O prob was an Extra T/O(floater)or an RDO man(works diff lines for people who are off) or Vacation relief.(works jobs 4 people on Vacation).

Got boring in the first month of being on my own. Time to get face back in bulletin, and rule book.........
I'm with You on this one.I'm BORED also!:(The excitement is over...The best time for me as a T/O was when I first operated a train out of CI Yard with my class and we took it down the (:) line over the Manhattan Bridge to Queens on the (E) line.I kinda miss schoolcar.(NOT all the tests!:eek:) Iam also getting sick and tired of the crewroom's antics.:tdown: You can't plan anything,it's SO hard to get a day off in this department...wtf??

Tell you the truth that why I always picked RDO Rel so I don't have to operate the same line all the time just so I don't get too bored. I had my fun now everything looks the same and predictable. When you get a steady run you even look at the same customers. Like when I was on the (M) I was on vacation and came back people came up to me at Met asking me where I been they missed me because I was always on time the week I was out the train was late and it wasn't really the T/O fault it was just a bad week on the 4 AV Line.

You got a long long way to go for the next TSS exam but T/D exam should come out in a year or two. Alot of T/O's took that last exam. I did well but I most likely will NOT take the TSS position when called.

I don't want to move up next year, but at least a few from now. It wouldn't be a bad idea to take the T/D exam, so when I take the TSS exam down the road, I would know how to dispatch, just in case if called to do so......

You do know you just missed one, right?

Yes, sir. Thanks for the little booklets full of info........

Yeah you most of spoke to a rookie or someone who wanted to get away from you and just said anything. I do that sometimes.

LOL that's good to know! I did also wanna know if my being 23 applying for this test would affect anything (ie my chances of getting in and such) but since the wait is unpredictable I decided to not let that stop me. Just wanna make sure I'm well informed.

We start picking for the summer on March 16. Don't know when it will actually start though.

I am debating whether or not to pick my first EVER road job. If I do it will be 5 days on the A a.m.'s out of the rock or lefferts.[/QUOTe]

Wait I thought u were a senior man lol ?

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

Wait I thought u were a senior man lol ?

Feel free to quote me where I called myself a senior man. To me a senior man has at least 15 years in his title. 15 years ago I was in highschool. I have been picking jobs for years I just haven't ever picked a road job.

• 2 weeks later...
5 years full time work experience period. You could have been a dude dressed in a chicken costume for 5 years, as long as it's on the book and full time, the MTA won't care.

Actually it can help him. if he was dressed in a chicken costume for 5 years. If he ever gets into trouble, and put on the platform, he knows how to deal with the rude public. I don't think people are very nice to persons dressed up in chicken costumes, just like they ain't to fond of us at times.......

I'm with You on this one.I'm BORED also!:(The excitement is over...The best time for me as a T/O was when I first operated a train out of CI Yard with my class and we took it down the (B) line over the Manhattan Bridge to Queens on the (E) line.I kinda miss schoolcar.(NOT all the tests!:eek:) Iam also getting sick and tired of the crewroom's antics.:tdown: You can't plan anything,it's SO hard to get a day off in this department...wtf??

I just might take the T/D exam, then the next TSS exam. Will also keep putting in resumes for LIRR and MNRR, regardless of how hard it is to get into those R/Rs. I won't lie. I am starting to miss being a B/O now. It could be due to the crew office not honoring my request for PM's, and leaving me on the midnights. If you don't know anyone in the system, it is hard to get anything. Another classmate got their wish for PM's (they were on midnights, but their relative is a supervisor, and they used their name). There is nepotism here as well..........

Actually it can help him. if he was dressed in a chicken costume for 5 years. If he ever gets into trouble, and put on the platform, he knows how to deal with the rude public. I don't think people are very nice to persons dressed up in chicken costumes, just like they ain't to fond of us at times.......

I guess I would be perfect then. 5 years of having parents cursing and yelling at me.

Thanks! I get this job and I'll do my best. I just want to do really well on the exam first. Has anyone ever gotten a perfect score?

Yes, and if multiple people do, then they use the time your papers were filed.........

Archived