Train operator exam

SIBusOperator

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm thinking about buying a basic civil service exam book and doing the math and reading comprehension questions.

No need for any books for the open competitive exam. It's basic reading comprehension and basic math.

I'm thinking about buying a basic civil service exam book and doing the math and reading comprehension questions.

It never hurts to do that to increase your skills at reading comprehension and basic math. It puts your brain in the mode of test taking and focusing on how to read the paragraph and choose the best answer. Go for it.

Hi

After filling out the form "save " each part and is finish correct? The parts that does not apply just leave it empty?

any other steps i might have left out

thanks..

That is correct. You have until 3/24 to log on to your DCAS account and enter any information or change what you have already listed. If a category does not apply, leave it blank.

Hi, I just saw the exam coming up for train operator. I never have taken a civil service exam. Besides registereing online and creating the account and paying $60 to register, are there any other tests I have to take besides the one in June? When will I have to take the physical / medical test? (J)(E)

Hi, I just saw the exam coming up for train operator. I never have taken a civil service exam. Besides registereing online and creating the account and paying $60 to register, are there any other tests I have to take besides the one in June? When will I have to take the physical / medical test? (J)(E)

When you've taken and passed the test, the exam key and answers are finalized, you have gotten your score and list number, you have waited out the calling process, and finally you have been called by MTA.

In other words, not for at least a couple of years.

Two lists will be established: 1) Promotional list for candidates in eligible MTA titles who qualified to take the exam for promotion for T/O and passed the test and met the requirements for the position and 2) T/O Open Competitive open to anyone who met the minimum requirements at the time of the exam.

The promotional list is called first. When that list is exhausted, candidates are called off the open competitive list.

Several others have answered the other parts of your question in previous posts on this and other threads.

Thanks for the reply guys. I am looking forward to taking the test and getting on the list. Was also wondering whats the shortest amount of time it took to get called? I read some people it took between 1-2 years for them. Is that around normal for a high score? has there been instances where it was less than a year?

(G)(J)(G)

Thanks for the reply guys. I am looking forward to taking the test and getting on the list. Was also wondering whats the shortest amount of time it took to get called? I read some people it took between 1-2 years for them. Is that around normal for a high score? has there been instances where it was less than a year?

(G)(J)(G)

Realistically, it's going to be 3-4+ years.

(G)(J)(G)

It takes a year just to get your score. For this test my guess is it will be 3 years before the first person starts work for the TA.

(G)(J)(G)

Please note the emphasis. If you score even in the low 90s you won't be called for YEARS (if at all... I know a few personally)!!! I DON'T KID TO ANYONE ABOUT THIS... if a little studying gets you even an extra POINT it could mean the difference of around a year because of the amount of people taking the exam(s)... you know how many people taking these "simpleton" exams get in the mid to high 90s?! Shoot for that 100, don't take it lightly.

May God be with you. amen

Are you serious, you can score a 93 and not get called at all? Is the bus exam easier?

I heard that after you get your score, that they look at your education and work experience background? Do they rank that with your score and give you a number on the list based by those criteria? For example, two people with the same score, the one with a college degree and more work experience, would get a better number?

baabaabooey :) The application says that the education and work experience will be scored?

THE TEST RESULTS: If you pass the competitive multiple-choice test, your name will be placed in final

score order on an eligible list and you will be given a list number. You will be notified by mail of

your test results.

There will also be a qualifying Education and Experience Test. If you pass the multiple-choice test,

your Education and Experience Test Paper will be rated as vacancies occur. If you pass the qualifying

education and experience test and meet all requirements and conditions, you will be considered for

appointment when your name is reached on the eligible list. However, based on the projected number

of vacancies, it is possible that not all candidates who pass the multiple-choice test will have their

Education and Experience Test Paper rated.

baabaabooey :) The application says that the education and work experience will be scored?

THE TEST RESULTS: If you pass the competitive multiple-choice test, your name will be placed in final

score order on an eligible list and you will be given a list number. You will be notified by mail of

your test results.

There will also be a qualifying Education and Experience Test. If you pass the multiple-choice test,

your Education and Experience Test Paper will be rated as vacancies occur. If you pass the qualifying

education and experience test and meet all requirements and conditions, you will be considered for

appointment when your name is reached on the eligible list. However, based on the projected number

of vacancies, it is possible that not all candidates who pass the multiple-choice test will have their

Education and Experience Test Paper rated.

All that means is it will either be approved or not approved. If not approved, your score could come back NOT ELIGIBLE or they could reject you later on in the process before you start, they reserve the right.

However your education and experience test paper is not going to add to your score

Archived