Av U/Neck Rd Re-Construction Update

MattTrain

Nice pics

Thank you very much.

Nice pics. That's great coverage there.

I tried to get every angle at Sheepshead Bay that was affected by the construction. The white signs with black lettering was the most appealing along with the green crossover at the north portion of the station.

Nice pix... Humm, even more like a commmuter rail station, :)!

Oh, you mean a railroad station? Well for me it does have that feeling too, especially the crowds that wait anxiously for their (B) and (Q) trains. I tried not to get in their way when taking photographs, yet the commuters weren't bothered by me taking photos, even when I take candid shots of them.

• 2 weeks later...

I took these photographs from an R160B on the (Q), (I photographed that too, but let's get back to topic) The Majority of the platforms as well as the canopies are removed. The rest of the station platforms should be out by this month. Anyways check these out

Neck Road First

BBQ075.jpg

BBQ076.jpg

BBQ077.jpg

BBQ078.jpg

BBQ079.jpg

BBQ080.jpg

BBQ081.jpg

BBQ082.jpg

BBQ083.jpg

BBQ085.jpg

BBQ086.jpg

BBQ087.jpg

BBQ088.jpg

BBQ089.jpg

BBQ090.jpg

BBQ091.jpg

BBQ092.jpg

BBQ093.jpg

BBQ094.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Nice pics

Wow, DEMOLISHED ALREADY? Dang, they work fast

When I checked out last time, there was hardly any platform left in Neck Road, but maybe a few fragments left on Avenue U around where the entrances once stood. Yep, this is going fast. I believe a new platform construction should take place around May or June of this year.

Wow, nice! Cool track truck..:tup:

Thank you, that was actually eye-popping to see a large truck on the tracks.

Nice work, but there is no work being done at Neck Rd, except, they are flatten the soil. Wonder when they are gonna build the station, and the design. Hope it's something like Howard Beach-JFK.

You mean a station with a overpass crossing over the tracks? That would be a good idea. I'd think the staircases leading to and from the platforms would be wider, for more movement.

idk about most of you, but I'd like to see the old BMT feel revived. Sure, allow the station to have modern amenities but keep some of the charm. for example, in the 70's-80's , the concrete walls on the platform (which were about 4-5 feet high) were covered a bland steel wall.

idk about most of you, but I'd like to see the old BMT feel revived. Sure, allow the station to have modern amenities but keep some of the charm. for example, in the 70's-80's , the concrete walls on the platform (which were about 4-5 feet high) were covered a bland steel wall.

Won't he houses' backyard privacy be taken then?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived