Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
yearsnowlost

The Taking of the Pelham 1-2-3 (2009) Trailer

New Trailer

It doesn't look too bad, although I am choosing to not watch it as a railfan because then I'm sure I will drive myself crazy. Of course, it goes without saying that nothing beats the original though. Walter Matthau, ftw.

I'm a tad bit confused though... The R142A is pulling into Grand Central-42nd St. and that's the one that's being hijacked? What the heck? Shouldn't it be the taking of the Flushing 1-2-3 then? lol

Enjoy.

Edited by yearsnowlost

Looks good, but no matter what it will never come close to the original. I can't wait to see it mainly because I want to see the R62 they dressed up as an R142.

New Trailer

It doesn't look too bad, although I am choosing to not watch it as a railfan because then I'm sure I will drive myself crazy. Of course, it goes without saying that nothing beats the original though. Walter Matthau, ftw.

I'm a tad bit confused though... The R142A is pulling into Grand Central-42nd St. and that's the one that's being hijacked? What the heck? Shouldn't it be the taking of the Flushing 1-2-3 then? lol

Enjoy.

No, Grand Central is correct. There is a stop @ Grand Central/42nd St for the (4), (5) and (6).

I like the old one better, seems much scary lol.

First thing, Wow the LED on the center seems big the one that says (6) 42nd Street I think

Also, is this going to be the first movie to be on the Pelham EL. Seeing the R62/142 was on an EL and showing passengers outside

Im not going to any movie theater maybe. I will of course pirate and spread all over lol when sum1 does first B)

PS i know all the formers out there will watch it, as the majority of them only watch movies with train only, which is stupid. [Not talking about ya'll here, but the ones who love trains way to much, and nothing else lol]

BTW why is the (6) on the FLUSHING line? or em I looking at something else LOL

It's not.

It's not.

so whats this the fake (6):

9ig2mh.jpg

thats 42nd on the (7) , unless they had the train in different lines then thats ok, even tho it would be better on the REAL lex only. Im also wondering what time did they take it at the scene, and was the regular (7) in service or there was GO for it

Looks like a good movie considering that I never seen the first one.

LOL @ Denzel saying that he can only bring half a gallon of milk home. :-P

Im totally against movie remakes and this guy tony scott is also remaking the warriors which is another great 70's film with lots of subway bits

that film dosent look to bad but id rather see the orgional one with r29's

Blech...I think I'll take the original and run with it...and why does the train in the trailer say "Pelham 123" on the side of the car's ticker? 123 was supposed to mean "1:23" which was the time scheduled for the train. They never show times for anything on a NYC train's ticker.

All they did was put more high flying action in place of the dialogue. I wish Hollywood would stop remaking movies and come up with their own ideas.

I cringe at the idea of the Warriors being remade...what's next? The French Connection? They probably wouldn't dare doing a conversation-less car chase scene through Bensonhurst again.

I CANNOT WAIT!

I love the SUBWAY ACTION!

I have seen the old one.

I remember last part did not having ending on DVD.

After sneezing terrorist sneeze, employee thought that was him and I don"t know what happened after that.

I CANNOT WAIT!

I love the SUBWAY ACTION!

I have seen the old one.

I remember last part did not having ending on DVD.

After sneezing terrorist sneeze, employee thought that was him and I don"t know what happened after that.

That's the ending. They knew it was him.

Seems interesting. I'll definitely go see it. But a few things to answer as an amateur film maker... Why did they film it in the GC (7) station? That's simple, it's because the one on the (6) has thick support columns running along it which aren't desirable for scenes in a movie like this. Why did the side sign say Pelham 123? Because it's the name of the movie, they have to tell you somehow. Etc, etc, etc. There will be discrepancies in the film (like how the TO isn't on the left side of the train in real life... probably because they need a real TO to operate it in the film).

The Trailer looks pretty good. Im probably gonna see it with a few friends to compare it to the original and just for the sake of seeing it.

Seems interesting. I'll definitely go see it. But a few things to answer as an amateur film maker... Why did they film it in the GC (7) station? That's simple, it's because the one on the (6) has thick support columns running along it which aren't desirable for scenes in a movie like this. Why did the side sign say Pelham 123? Because it's the name of the movie, they have to tell you somehow. Etc, etc, etc. There will be discrepancies in the film (like how the TO isn't on the left side of the train in real life... probably because they need a real TO to operate it in the film).

I believe the person on the left is the Conductor according to the film.

This looks appealing, I hope the film lives up to it, the 1974 and 1998 versions of the film are great, so we'll have to see how this one compares to them. Out of all villains John Travolta has to be the big bandit.