The Taking of the Pelham 1-2-3 (2009) Trailer

yearsnowlost

I'm a tad bit confused though... The R142A is pulling into Grand Central-42nd St. and that's the one that's being hijacked? What the heck? Shouldn't it be the taking of the Flushing 1-2-3 then? lol

Enjoy.

No, Grand Central is correct. There is a stop @ Grand Central/42nd St for the (4), (5) and (6).

First thing, Wow the LED on the center seems big the one that says (6) 42nd Street I think

Also, is this going to be the first movie to be on the Pelham EL. Seeing the R62/142 was on an EL and showing passengers outside

BTW why is the (6) on the FLUSHING line? or em I looking at something else LOL

It's not.

so whats this the fake (6):

9ig2mh.jpg

thats 42nd on the (7) , unless they had the train in different lines then thats ok, even tho it would be better on the REAL lex only. Im also wondering what time did they take it at the scene, and was the regular (7) in service or there was GO for it

That is 42nd on the (7). They used the Flushing line (including the el) for filming and made it out to be the Lex.

Is there really 1998 film?

Do you know where I could watch 1998 Taking of Pelham 1-2-3?

I plan to see Taking of Pelham 1-2-3 at AMC Empire 25 because that's my favorite movie theater.

Yuki it not even in the theartes. The 1998 was a horrible remake made for television only. It was filmed in Toronto, Ontario, Canada using their subway system.

The 1974 oringal version is the classic that has a cult of fan around the world,

Yuki it not even in the theartes. The 1998 was a horrible remake made for television only. It was filmed in Toronto, Ontario, Canada using their subway system.

The 1974 oringal version is the classic that has a cult of fan around the world,

Thank you, Larry.

I was just wondering.

That is 42nd on the (7). They used the Flushing line (including the el) for filming and made it out to be the Lex.

Well it sucks bad, cuz as a person of transit I dont feel as its Pehlam 123. now i would call it: The Taking of FLUSHING 1-2-3 .

Was the 1974 version on the Lex line? I know some scene was at the Transit Museum northern tracks i think

@33 Street- well I hope that this film has a proper ending. Instead of knowing who the bad guy is, even people I sould was like. Ok? What type of ending is this? ..

Do you think we could make out a railfan trip on the (6) and see Pelham 1...2...3...? Depending on what your preferance is...

There is no Pelham 123. Ever since the release of the film, no (6) train has ever been scheduled to leave Pelham Bay Park at either 13:23 or 01:23.

I know it's way early way but IMO this has the makings for being a 'smash hit' for this reason. John Travolta and the recent death of his oldest child at beginning of year may bring in 'extra' fans too who dont care about subways or mass transit as a whole. This is Travolta first release since his son Kidd passed away.

This is similar to last year when a couple of months before it's release Heath Ledger died and his passing led to phoemonal bulid up to Batman: Dark Knight.'

"Dark Knight" would become the highest grossing film of this decade and among the top 25 money grossing films of all time.

Plus add in the 'terror aspects' of 9/11 feelings and you got the chances of a smash hit blockbuster.

This IMO will be among the top 5 highest grossing films of the year.

I know it's way early way but IMO this has the makings for being a 'smash hit' for this reason. John Travolta and the recent death of his oldest child at beginning of year may bring in 'extra' fans too who dont care about subways or mass transit as a whole. This is Travolta first release since his son Kidd passed away.

This is similar to last year when a couple of months before it's release Heath Ledger died and his passing led to phoemonal bulid up to Batman: Dark Knight.'

"Dark Knight" would become the highest grossing film of this decade and among the top 25 money grossing films of all time.

Plus add in the 'terror aspects' of 9/11 feelings and you got the chances of a smash hit blockbuster.

This IMO will be among the top 5 highest grossing films of the year.

110% agreed.. !

Let me add: Who cares if its not 100% authentic. I mean, if the whole thing took place just along the (6), it would be boring. Guys, open your eyes, they utilized so many areas of the subway system, that were going to see in this movie... It looks awesome! Its not a railfan movie, its an action-packed, heart-pounding, HIJACK movie based in New York City on a Subway Train. Its going to be excellent!

110% agreed.. !

Let me add: Who cares if its not 100% authentic. I mean, if the whole thing took place just along the (6), it would be boring. Guys, open your eyes, they utilized so many areas of the subway system, that were going to see in this movie... It looks awesome! Its not a railfan movie, its an action-packed, heart-pounding, HIJACK movie based in New York City on a Subway Train. Its going to be excellent!

Yeah really, some people need to wipe the foam from their mouths, stop reading subchat, and just enjoy the movie.

110% agreed.. !

Exactly. I don't go out too often to watch movies at the theater, and I see this as a perfect opportunity to get out, and watch a movie despite its R rated. It looks great considering I never seen the original.

its funny how they take an R142A on the outside, but on the inside, it looks like an R160. check it out.

Yeah. Strange. Probably needed the extra room for the camera?

And on none of the NTTs are there two banks of lights on each side. Most definitely a set. Would have been cool if they actually filmed inside the subway car, but it works anyways.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 3.4; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

The car they use in the movie is actually a R62 fitted to be a R142A. (It explains for why the side of the train has that dented look in it, and why it runs as a single car throughout the movie) In the cab, one side there's a r142 operating side, and a r62 operating side. Everything else was just improvising to make use of whatever available space from within the R62.

If you cannot find what railfan event I am talking about, it is located here:

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8108 : hope you'll consider it and provide any feedback and change.

Also, what will the R-162 (the train from Pelham 1-2-3) do after the film?

From what I heard, the R-62 that was retrofitted for the movie, is actually back in revenue service again...

From what I heard, the R-62 that was retrofitted for the movie, is actually back in revenue service again...

wait. So they restored the original r62 parts? Damn they should of left it R162 lol or at least have one car for the Museum

Dumb Question for anyone who knows? I also noticed '1' huge difference in the upcoming 2009 movie. The Garber role is different. In the 1974 version, Walter Mantehu played Garber as a NYPD Transit Captain. While this new version Denzel Washington has the Garber role as an 'chief subway dispatcher?"

Why the change in Garber roles?:confused:

Archived