Southbound D Train Derails @ 81St on UWS

Myrtle Local

http://wcbstv.com/breakingnewsalerts/mta.derailed.train.2.934761.html

A southbound (D) train derailed near the 81st and Central Park West station just after 1 p.m. on Friday, CBS 2 HD has learned.

Approximately two cars were derailed, said an MTA official.

Passengers are being loaded onto another train that pulled up behind the derailed one.

There have been no reports of injuries.

Please stay tuned to CBS 2 HD and WCBSTV.com for the latest on this developing story.

Service Alert

Posted on:2/13/2009 2:40:22&nbspPM

Due to a train incident at the 81st Street-Museum of Natural History Station:

There is no service on the (C) trains the entire line.

Far Rockaway/Lefferts Boulevard-bound (A) and Coney Island-bound (D) trains are running local from the 125th Street Station to the 59th Street-Columbus Circle Station.

Please expect delays in service on (A), (;) and (D) trains at this time.

Oh NO!!

If there is no (C) service, what would replace service along local stations along the A line between 168 and 145 and south of 59?

That's a LOT of stations to neglect? I suggest temporarily extending (E) trains to Euclid to cover the area, and run (A) local north of 125. Expect a lengthly cleanup.

and mark did you get pics of the (E) trains via Central Park West cause I was on the (E) train and they announce some (E) trains are now via Central Park and the (D) is also local uptown too cause before I took the (E) it left on the uptown local track and they announce there's no trains running express in both directions between 145th Street and 59th Street

How do you run an (E) train via CPW?

Manhattan-bound (E) has no way to access CPW without switching back at 47-50 St. (;)(D)(F)(V).

Northbound (E) via CPW would be possible, but some Queens station would lose service, especially if the (V) is out.

Also, traffic reports say the (D) is suspended 125-59. The advisories page says otherwise. Which is true?

How do you run an (E) train via CPW?

Manhattan-bound (E) has no way to access CPW without switching back at 47-50 St. (;)(D)(F)(V).

Northbound (E) via CPW would be possible, but some Queens station would lose service, especially if the (V) is out.

Yes the only way for the (E) to get onto CPW is running uptown, at that point those trains would not be going to Queens

I doubt it was going fast....the timers are yellow along the way of that section!

Correct. The timers (although they supposedly clear at 40-45 in between 86th St & 72nd St) make trains go incredibly slow, so I think it might've been the track.

Archived