Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
MattTrain

The Number One

The (1) train isn't such a long line, but it makes all stops, just checking out.

Onetrains023.jpg

Onetrains024.jpg

Onetrains025.jpg

What's wrong with this (1) sign? By the way, this was taken at 59th Street Columbus Circle.

Anyways here's the R62A cars

Onetrains026.jpg

Onetrains028.jpg

Onetrains030.jpg

Onetrains031.jpg

Onetrains032.jpg

Onetrains033.jpg

Onetrains035.jpg

Onetrains036.jpg

Onetrains037.jpg

Onetrains038.jpg

Onetrains039.jpg

Onetrains040.jpg

Onetrains041.jpg

Onetrains042.jpg

Onetrains043.jpg

Onetrains044.jpg

Onetrains046.jpg

Onetrains050.jpg

At South Ferry

Onetrains051.jpg

Onetrains052.jpg

Onetrains053.jpg

We are number (1)!

It's supposed to 242nd st.

(1) To Van Cortlandt Park-241st Street:confused:;)....its suppose to be 242nd Street....anyway nice pics!

Bleh, 242nd Street is the real destination... I guess that person who posted 241st Street likes downtown, ;)!

Thank you very much for the comments, I think I'm going to send MTA New York City Transit an e-mail about that sign, however, I'm pretty sure other riders can notify the officials in no time to get that (1) sign fixed.

Thank you very much for the comments, I think I'm going to send MTA New York City Transit an e-mail about that sign, however, I'm pretty sure other riders can notify the officials in no time to get that (1) sign fixed.

Don't even waste your time e-mailing (MTA) b/c they won't really answer you or give a flying h00t about a mistake on a sign!

U know to be honest even tho the (1) is 1 street ahead of the (2), the (2) goes much futher then the (1) seems werid

nice catch and shot

Don't even waste your time e-mailing (MTA) b/c they won't really answer you or give a flying h00t about a mistake on a sign!

Oh really, I haven't e-mailed them since last year, I've e-mailed the site about how the train cars are cleaned, speaking of which the (1)'s are a decent kept line with their train cars. Signs by mistake, are common, but if anyone says anything about it to an official, I'm sure something will be done, if not then it's more confusion to more riders.

And to Mark1447, yep the (2) goes further, almost touching Westchester. That is a bit strange.

U know to be honest even tho the (1) is 1 street ahead of the (2), the (2) goes much futher then the (1) seems werid

nice catch and shot

Thanks a lot, the R62A cars on the (1) are still good, the old South Ferry Station is still in use today.

I wouldn't bother e-mailing... It is just one street difference, everyone wouldn't mind... and the (2) goes to 241 so it does not matter much...

I think most riders who use the (1) or (2) probably know that by now, using maps and looking out at the exterior roll sign or LCD sign, so that sign isn't such a big deal after all.

The Bronx is weird with their street numbering. In fact there is no such intersection as West 241 Street and Broadway. And as Mark stated, East 241 Street and White Plains Road is a short walk from Yonkers and Mount Vernon.

Hm, speaking of mistakes on signs, I have one too.

Taken at Chambers Street, southbound platform.

What's wrong with this sign?

That sign is wrong, it should say "Transfer to Franklin Avenue for (4)" not the (1). Great sighting of the sign. Also, even if the (1) goes to New Lots Avenue, wouldn't it make sense just to take the (1) at that station rather than taking the (2) at Franklin Avenue, because you're taking two routes (2) and then (1) when you should be taking (1) instead. Good catch on the sign by the way.

well technically subway stops do take up more then one block so the sign would be right unless if the platform starts exactly at 242nd street

well technically subway stops do take up more then one block so the sign would be right unless if the platform starts exactly at 242nd street

I agree about the station taking more than one block, however to validate that 242nd Street (1) station also has an exit at 241 Street by that sign, that would throw off riders way off, and be confused with the (2) line terminal.

Hm, speaking of mistakes on signs, I have one too.

Taken at Chambers Street, southbound platform.

047mu0.jpg

w800.png

What's wrong with this sign?

You can't transfer to the 1 at Franklin Ave. Lol

You can't transfer to the 1 at Franklin Ave. Lol

Nope, that's not possible anymore. The (1) to New Lots Avenue was a one time deal to replace the (3) because the (1) was forced out of South Ferry, after September 2001, due to debris on the tracks going to South Ferry.

Nope, that's not possible anymore. The (1) to New Lots Avenue was a one time deal to replace the (3) because the (1) was forced out of South Ferry, after September 2001, due to debris on the tracks going to South Ferry.

Hey man I know the story. I live in Lower Manhattan.

The sign implies that the 1 and 3 have terminals in Brooklyn which never happened at any moment in current history. Even with the 9-11 thing, when the 1 was in Brooklyn, the 3 was shortened to 14th. The sign here tells us, you have to take the 2 and then transfer to the 1 in order to get to New Lots Avenue. At that time, I do not recall if such a sign existed. It would've probably directed passengers to use the 1 or 2 to reach Brooklyn.

Hey man I know the story. I live in Lower Manhattan.

The sign implies that the 1 and 3 have terminals in Brooklyn which never happened at any moment in current history. Even with the 9-11 thing, when the 1 was in Brooklyn, the 3 was shortened to 14th. The sign here tells us, you have to take the 2 and then transfer to the 1 in order to get to New Lots Avenue. At that time, I do not recall if such a sign existed. It would've probably directed passengers to use the 1 or 2 to reach Brooklyn.

You sure have a point there. The (1) and (3) had never gone to New Lots Avenue at the same time, but wouldn't it be weird to see a (1) and (3) at New Lots at the same time?

You sure have a point there. The (1) and (3) had never gone to New Lots Avenue at the same time, but wouldn't it be weird to see a (1) and (3) at New Lots at the same time?

It would be awkward.........