Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
KeystoneRegional

1-2-3 Pelham Hot Rails...

Im not RFing, but is this in June? Cuz thats like 5 Months away,and seem EXTREMELY early on making plans...

This is interesting, a railfan to coincide the release of "The Taking of Pelham 123". I'll have to make sure I'm not too busy by then.

Guest Charles

Before I see the movie...I want to read the original book by John Godey (that is a pseudonym, I do believe)

Either way, that book is hard to find. There's a copy at the NYPL's Research Library...but that means I won't be able to check it out...

Either way, that book is hard to find. There's a copy at the NYPL's Research Library...but that means I won't be able to check it out...

I found it on Amazon, and the price isn't too bad, unless you want it in a brand new condition. :cool:

Here You Go

Well, this is the 14th Street AMC, there is also a

@BVE Guy, I don't think it'll be much bad by going since the AMC at 14th Street is pretty good... (R) up to Union and you are there... It is still your choice...

i still don't know about it. i don't want to go back and forth on the same train as well

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11a Safari/525.20)

sorry but i won't go.

Guest Charles
I found it on Amazon, and the price isn't too bad, unless you want it in a brand new condition. :cool:

Here You Go

Thanks a lot!

lol I would like it in brand-new condition...but this'll work! Thanks again!

Thanks a lot!

lol I would like it in brand-new condition...but this'll work! Thanks again!

No problem!

I asked for it at Barnes and Noble today and of course they didn't have it. But apparently the book is going to be reprinted and for sale at the beginning of May to coincide with the movie. That's pretty cool, you never know when someone will just happen to pick it up and discover the wonderful world of rails! lol It was a book (Uptown, Downtown) that got me really into subways.

Here is an interesting Event that I would like to organize here... So, it'll take place on June 13th...

~We can meet-up around Grand Central Terminal preferrably around 10:00AM

~Ride the (S) to 42nd Street.

~Transfer the (1) Down to South Ferry...

~Take (1) uptown to 242nd Street and downtown to 96 Street...

~Transfer to (3) uptown to Lenox Term and downtown to 42nd Street.

~Take (S) to Grand Central and transfer to (6).

~Ride (6) all the way to Pelham and downtown to Brooklyn Bridge and uptown to 14th Street and exit station.

~If you would want to watch the movie, we will go to either AMC Lowes Village 7 or AMC Loews 19th Street East 6 depending which theater is showing the movie.

Please provide feedback on this event if you feel it should be modified or cancelled...

Thanks,

AWWang

I rather just watch the film

This is a nice trip. I'll bookmark it for the time being. If I'm free, I'll come for the trip.(As for the movie part of the trip, you have to consider age limits. Its a R-rated movie which means you have to be 17+ to enter. I won't even be 16 then.)

Other than that, sounds like a good trip. I'll be able to fan the Bronx, (first time) and get some shots at SF.

As a member of the NYC Transit Forum website, I always wondered if we can meet each other in person to say hello and discuss issues on transit. Going to the movies to see the remake of "The Taking of Pelham 1,2,3" would be a great idea. The original was great, especially the funny one liners. Action and comedy. Walter Mattaeu was great. I just hope the new one will have a bit of comedy as well as the original. Most of those seens were filmed in Brooklyn by the Transit Museum. One of the funniest lines is the response from the motorman after Robert Shaw told him, he was taking the train. The motorman replied "Your Taking My Train?" I use that line all the time. Let me know.