MTA Worker ARRESTED by NYPD for photographing subway trains !

Donis

I really love how all you guys group all cops into one group. Not all of them are the same, stop lumping them all into one group and dissing all of them.

Yeah, especially since I got pulled over by some, they seen my plates (DOB2RTO), and let me go. They said "you work for transit, so we won't give you a hard time, just watch out, cause some will give you a hard time"........

If they don't stop, the cops will find out who they are, and will start lumping their heads, with their batons........

I also see lots of tourists out of NY taking flashing pics in subway system.

I wonder if NYPD or Transit Cop tries to arrest them.

Every time when I see tourists taking flash pics, I always says, "NO FLASH, PLEASE"

Oh maybe police did not hear about MTA did not banned the photo/video policy.

http://www.nycsubway.org/faq/photoban.html

Here is quote from NYC Subway Photo Policy.

Thanks to the efforts of rail photographer/historian Bob Andersen and the New York Civil Liberties Union, there is documentation available that clearly indicates that these MTA operations have no photography bans in place. A collection of the correspondence is available on Bob Andersen's LIRR History web site here.

Maybe police did not watch the news or read the newspaper that they banned no photo policy.

I always tell people to shut flash off if the subject isnt backlit. It makes people look like mannequins, and it drains battery. In the subway i always tell them flashes are not allowed because it's dangerous for (MTA) workers.

- a

People have used it and still do. You can tell they are tourist who don't know. It's not hard to tell the difference between a tourist, and a rail-fan or rail-foamer........

Heh...it's pretty easy to tell:

tourist - dresses colorfully, uses a very small handheld camera, probably silver with flash and smiles while taking the picture. also gets in the way of a lot of people and may be holding one or more shopping bags.

rail fan - stands at a 45 degree angle to the train and takes a picture with a very expensive camera...has a camera bag with 3 or 4 lenses in it and can be seen tinkering with the zoom before snapping the photo...knows not to use flash

rail foamer - excitedly runs into position to get the shot, almost knocking people down, whips out the camera...doesn't use flash but is seen smiling and heard making train sounds while excitedly waving to the train operator as if he (and its always a he) knows the T/O personally. takes an excited fast blurry shot, doesn't use flash, with one hand and is last seen drooling on the platform with his OTHER hand somewhere it shouldn't be...

B) B)

rail foamer - excitedly runs into position to get the shot, almost knocking people down, whips out the camera...doesn't use flash but is seen smiling and heard making train sounds while excitedly waving to the train operator as if he (and its always a he) knows the T/O personally. takes an excited fast blurry shot, doesn't use flash, with one hand and is last seen drooling on the platform with his OTHER hand somewhere it shouldn't be...

B) B)

LMFAO! I like that good one!

Heh...it's pretty easy to tell:

tourist - dresses colorfully, uses a very small handheld camera, probably silver with flash and smiles while taking the picture. also gets in the way of a lot of people and may be holding one or more shopping bags.

rail fan - stands at a 45 degree angle to the train and takes a picture with a very expensive camera...has a camera bag with 3 or 4 lenses in it and can be seen tinkering with the zoom before snapping the photo...knows not to use flash

;):)

Hahahaha. I'm glad I fall into just railfan. Foamers are nuts and get us normal people in trouble, I have seen guys shooting on the tracks with a train coming at them, there are some real nuts out there.

Hahahaha. I'm glad I fall into just railfan. Foamers are nuts and get us normal people in trouble, I have seen guys shooting on the tracks with a train coming at them, there are some real nuts out there.

I've seen foamers at nwk freak out when a cat came in, it was rather amusing.

- A

:) B)

Don't forget, if you look on the floor, you see a long line of foam trailing.

Archived