56K Warning! Railfoaming 2/14/09

bveguy

Yea, and as usual, I manage to come up with some pictures of my foam trip.

First off, I'd like to start off with the bad ones I never had time or was never prepared for:

R46 (R)

IMG_0568-1.jpg

R68 (D)

IMG_0569.jpg

R62 (3)

IMG_0575.jpg

Now, time for the good ones:

R68 (D) roll sign

IMG_0567.jpg

R62 (1)

IMG_0584.jpg

R142 (2)

IMG_0581.jpg

R62 (3) AGAIN

IMG_0577.jpg

R62 (1) coming in South Ferry (loop)

IMG_0590.jpg

Now, the train is leaving the loop

IMG_0587.jpg

An R62 (1) train

IMG_0601.jpg

The R68 (D)

IMG_0607.jpg

R160 (N)

IMG_0608.jpg

Is this just me, or does it not say (D)?

IMG_0609.jpg

What's the point in having strip maps if they don't use them?

IMG_0602.jpg

We will always remember the South Ferry loop, which has served us for over 100 years.

IMG_0588.jpg

Nice shots and the (S) but dont use Flash/Auto Flash as its againt the MTA rules and you can get pulled, unless its no flash then u r good [even tho flash shots make the moving images well, but damn MTA cut the use of it], and check this topic on auto Resizing shots on Photobucket/ImageShack:

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7702

Nice shots and the (S) but dont use Flash/Auto Flash as its againt the MTA rules and you can get pulled, unless its no flash then u r good, and check this topic on auto Resizing shots on Photobucket/ImageShack:

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7702

yeah, i know, but there was no cop there. that was the main reason why i used a flash.

yeah, i know, but there was no cop there. that was the main reason why i used a flash.

Still a no-no. That rule is there for safety reasons. The T/Os and C/Rs can be temporally be blinded by the flash preventing them from safely doing their job. Just don't do it.

Still a no-no. That rule is there for safety reasons. The T/Os and C/Rs can be temporally be blinded by the flash preventing them from safely doing their job. Just don't do it.

1) i only use flashes on the back of the cars?

2) it's not pointed at a T/O or a C/R

3) i dont do it in the front or when a C/R is around

4) i'm still learning from error on how to take good underground shots

absolutley right,it was not pointed at a conductor or motorman. you knew what you were doing.

That doesnt conclude much, seeing that a station worker can pull u over if there was one around [Especially in Queens southern manhattan or city area there are workers around], plus u can blind up passengers. And remember there is Cameras, and if there was an NYPD based cam, oh boy u in trouble seein that they can stop u, by seeing you in the cam and going toward u. I suggest u NOT to do it all, no offence but its for your and everyones saftey

That doesnt conclude much, seeing that a station worker can pull u over if there was one around [Especially in Queens southern manhattan or city area there are workers around], plus u can blind up passengers. And remember there is Cameras, and if there was an NYPD based cam, oh boy u in trouble seein that they can stop u, by seeing you in the cam and going toward u. I suggest u NOT to do it all, no offence but its for your and everyones saftey

i guess you're right, but do u have any tips on how to take good pics in the subway with a Canon EOS Rebel XS?

Nice pics, but please stop calling it railfoaming. It's just railfanning. Foaming is NOT a good thing.

BTW, if you want to improve on your photos without using flash, always use ISO 400 underground. If your camera has an image stabilization mode, then use it.

Archived