Stations That Need Rehab

Maserati7200

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7th Avenue and 53rd Street needs a bath. That station is dirty with water droplets and unsanitary conditions. Actually, the entire 53rd Street line sure needs some Pinesol and Bleach.

Its going to need more than bleach and Pinesol for that station!

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; FunWebProducts; GTB5; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.0.04506)

I believe :

Pelham Bay park <6>

Bhure Avenue station <6>

Middletown Road station (6)

Westchester Square station (6)

Parkchester E177 street (6)<6>

Hunts Points Avenue <6>

Longwood avenue <6>

Cypress avenue (6)

E 138 street - 3rd avenue (6)

need rehabilitaion and be rebuild those station be

ADA accesiblity

I believe :

Pelham Bay park <6>

Bhure Avenue station <6>

Hunts Points Avenue <6>

Longwood avenue <6>

Cypress avenue (6)

ADA accesiblity

Sure we want as many ADA stations as possible... however, I really do not think EVERY station you listed needs a lift at this point. I mean some do, say like Pelham (definitely, as it is a bus interchange) and Hunts Point. Stations that are near hospitals/major medical centres need lifts of course. But really I don't think that ALL of those need lifts. Some.. not all.. We need money for other things.

Thank you.....now I know I wasn't the only one that thought 7th Avenue on the (;)(D)(E) was disgusting...them rats look like the size of cats. I remember seeing one walking down the stairs towards the Uptown, The Bronx and Queens staircase in the fromt/back of the World Trade Center/Downtown and Brooklyn side...I never seen so many ppl ran that fast in a train station from a rat!

Well, how would a rehab help this situation? The tiles are in good condition (they might be dirty but replacing something when its dirty and can easily be cleaned is overkill) and so is the general structure.

The Staten Island Railway stations are actually not in bad shape at all. The only few stations down the line; Nassau And Atlantic are scheduled to be torn down and replaced with one new "Arthur Kill" Station. Other than that, Richmond Valley should be extended to hold 4-5 cars instead of 3, but the rest of the line is in decent shape..

Well, how would a rehab help this situation? The tiles are in good condition (they might be dirty but replacing something when its dirty and can easily be cleaned is overkill) and so is the general structure.

You've got to be kidding me? That entire station needs a more or complete wash down, scrub with tons of Ajax, Pinesol, Lyson, Tide with Bleach. Its smells, the ceiling needs patching and many other things.....it needs a rehab!

You've got to be kidding me? That entire station needs a more or complete wash down, scrub with tons of Ajax, Pinesol, Lyson, Tide with Bleach. Its smells, the ceiling needs patching and many other things.....it needs a rehab!

Franking av need a good cleaning....but I wonder how Chambers st st on J/M gotten so dirty like that over the years.

I believe :

Pelham Bay park <6>

Bhure Avenue station <6>

Hunts Points Avenue <6>

Longwood avenue <6>

Cypress avenue (6)

ADA accesiblity

I couldn't agree with you more. Those stations need to be renovated in the worst way.

I don't know if it's been said but every station on the (:P and (D) from 205th Street to 145th St needs to be renovated, with the exception of 161st-Yankee Stadium. Those stations are literally falling apart and they aren't safe cause of how dark they are. They need to be ADA compliant too, especially Fordham Rd. Tremont Ave got renovated but they need some kind of floor tiles down there cause that's the only underground station I've seen that was renovated that didn't get floor tiles.

The stations along CPW on the (B) and (C) need to done real bad from 72nd St to 135th St with the exception of 81st St. Those stations are gross. Also the (5) from Dyre Ave to 180th St is in need of a makeover.

How about all (R) stations from 9 St to 95th?

and East Broadway on the (F)?

All those local stations on 4th Av should have their original mosaics restored if they are ever renovated instead of that boring refrigerator tile & those metal signs. 86th St needs something on the walls.

• 1 month later...
All those local stations on 4th Av should have their original mosaics restored if they are ever renovated instead of that boring refrigerator tile & those metal signs. 86th St needs something on the walls.

Thing is though, that is highly unlikely that they would be rehabbed since they are in great shape. Also Union Street was rehabbed a few years ago and retained its 1970's look with some added art.

Archived