R42 F Train

Maserati7200

Very good catch on the R42 on the (F). Who knows when the R42 will run on the (F) after today.

do not get too excited. this is probably just a one time thing since R160s are set to go on the F this week.

WOW,I gotta go Railfoaming now,lol. Did this replace the R32 on the (F)?

no, there are still plenty of R32s on the F, unless (NYCT) is switching the R32s on the F with some of the R42s on the (E) because (E) riders have said 100 million times that they hate the R42s.

WOW,I gotta go Railfoaming now,lol. Did this replace the R32 on the (F)?

yes they are going to.

When the R160 is on the (F) then the (V) will be all R32s until the they get transferred to the (A)/© lines after the R38/R40 slant retires.

I saw and rode on a R40M/R42 mix set yesterday on the F 1st I saw it while waiting for the R @ Woodhaven Blvd at about 12 heading to 179 and then rode it around 12:40 from Brairwood-Van Wyck to 47/50 while on my way to The Bronx and I saw a R42 only set on the F heading to 179 at 21st Queensbridge a little after 1.

There is still 1 R32 running on the F as I saw 1 heading towards 179 on the F around 1:15 while waiting for a N/B D to come @ 47/50

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.1; en-us; dream) AppleWebKit/525.10+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0.4 Mobile Safari/523.12.2)

This IS news. I had been wondering why they were keeping the 42's off the (F).

Also now, CI's portion of the 160 order is just about complete, so the 9163-9232 batch is set to start arriving at Jamaica (adding to the 160A's), stepping up the NTT arrivals to that yard. Maybe those are what will start going on the (F) so that the (E) won't have to give any up at all.

R160s are not going on the (F) this week. I don't know where you got that info from. If you got it from Ulmer, he was just speculating.

Also, The (F) does run R40/R42s very rarely during rush hours, but they usually end up on the (R) first.

well, R160s are set to go on the (F) soon, so R40M/42s are not generally assigned to that line. i think it was only using this set because the R32s it normally uses had to be taken out of service for rountine maintenence.

Archived