R42 F Train

Maserati7200

do me a favor, never listen to that guy!

sure, some R46s will be moved to the (A)(C), but that is not going to happen for at least another year because (NYCT) needs to install new conductor boards for them, which will take sometime.

Hm, correct me if I'm wrong.

But aren't the R44's that already run on the (A) basically the same as R46's, and therefore they already have the proper boards installed?

Hm, correct me if I'm wrong.

But aren't the R44's that already run on the (A) basically the same as R46's, and therefore they already have the proper boards installed?

the (A) is fine, but if the R46s go on the (C). it will be a big problem. according to Donis, if the (C) gets R46s, it will have six cars in an A-B-B-A-A-A arrangment like the (G) used to be. that means unless the (C) gets the full eight cars, which i highly doubt it will, it is going to need new conductor boards to position at the 2nd-3rd car on one side and 4th-5th on the other.

If you ran R46 on the (C), wouldn't you rather run 8-car, because you can't run A-B-A-A-B-A. It would displace at least hundreds of B cars.

You can run A-B-B-A-A-A like FlushingExpress said, but you'd have to move those A-A pairs over too, not just the regular four car sets. That said, it would simplify matters if the (C) ran eight 75' cars rather than six.

There is no source at this point to say that the (C) will run 6-car R46s.

i know that, i am just saying that Donis keeps saying that.

If you ran R46 on the (C), wouldn't you rather run 8-car, because you can't run A-B-A-A-B-A. It would displace at least hundreds of B cars.

there are 13 A-A and 1 A-B pairs for the R46s. should be enough to cover the entire (C) fleet. idk what will really happen though

You can run A-B-B-A-A-A like FlushingExpress said, but you'd have to move those A-A pairs over too, not just the regular four car sets. That said, it would simplify matters if the (C) ran eight 75' cars rather than six.

the (MTA) has no plans of doing that. seriously, the (C) is not really crowded unless it is rush hour or a weekend.

the (A) is fine, but if the R46s go on the (C). it will be a big problem. according to Donis, if the (C) gets R46s, it will have six cars in an A-B-B-A-A-A arrangment like the (G) used to be. that means unless the (C) gets the full eight cars, which i highly doubt it will, it is going to need new conductor boards to position at the 2nd-3rd car on one side and 4th-5th on the other.
Which means it was ridiculous for them to change things up for the 42's, and then decide the 8 cars at the 10 car position didn't work, and then move them back away. When the 32's are all gone, they're going to have to make the one change or another. Either run the 6 car 46's (in which the boards would have to be permanently changed), or if they run 8 car 46's or even 10 car 160's, then they might as well have made the move to full length when they moved the 42's over. This would slow the reefing down, but only for a short time, as they will still be all gone in the end.

There is no source at this point to say that the (C) will run 6-car R46s.

let me say something the R46 are 75 footer and the R32/R38/R40/R40M/R42 are 60 footer and the 60 footer car runs 8 cars but since the R46 are 75 footer cars then it would run 6 cars but it would still = to 8 cars for 60 footer just like the (G).

the MTA did not plan to have the (C) run full car length.

so sometime this year the some R46 will go on the (A)/© lines.

let me say something the R46 are 75 footer and the R32/R38/R40/R40M/R42 are 60 footer and the 60 footer car runs 8 cars but since the R46 are 75 footer cars then it would run 6 cars but it would still = to 8 cars for 60 footer just like the (G).

the MTA did not plan to have the (C) run full car length.

so sometime this year the some R46 will go on the (A)/© lines.

no.

now back on topic,some R46 will go to the (A)/© line sometime this year since some will be displaced by the R160 on the E/F lines.

Again. Who told you this? Why don't we ask a T/O here about this?

Archived