Any New Ideas for the L trains

eli

The MTA should strat having L train on the skip stop service route and with the new route U line.

L/U skip stop should strat be between Broadway Junction to Canarsie-Rockaway Parkway peak direction only during weekday rush hour (to Manhattan AM) (from Manhattan PM). L should Only skip Sutter Avenue and New Lots Avenue , U should only skip Atlantic Avenue,Livonia Avenue,and East 105 Street. L/U skip stop service should happen on Weekdays during rush hour. I Already send an email to MTA about my idea about L/U skip stop service.

I hope soon L/U skip stop service strats soon. U will be a new line Canarsie line if the MTA soon add L/U skip stop service route. Maybe be L/U skip stop service will be used soon or not im not sure yet. Lets find out if the MTA adds L/U skip stop service route. The MTA already has the planning for L/U skip stop service for future use.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11a Safari/525.20)

I don't think this is neccesary honestly skip stop only adds confusion since some ppl wouldn't kno which train stops where

The (U) train LOL or there I say the (U)NKNOWN xP

anyways id leave the (L) how its is, plus its like the (7) not much of a long line. I would wish for an (L) Express, but rather have the express track under the current local track, underground after helsy st, seeing that the EL has 2 tracks and may not take a 3rd..

The MTA should strat having L train on the skip stop service route and with the new route U line.

L/U skip stop should strat be between Broadway Junction to Canarsie-Rockaway Parkway peak direction only during weekday rush hour (to Manhattan AM) (from Manhattan PM). L should Only skip Sutter Avenue and New Lots Avenue , U should only skip Atlantic Avenue,Livonia Avenue,and East 105 Street. L/U skip stop service should happen on Weekdays during rush hour. I Already send an email to MTA about my idea about L/U skip stop service.

I hope soon L/U skip stop service strats soon. U will be a new line Canarsie line if the MTA soon add L/U skip stop service route. Maybe be L/U skip stop service will be used soon or not im not sure yet. Lets find out if the MTA adds L/U skip stop service route. The MTA already has the planning for L/U skip stop service for future use.

Great, let's add to the confusion by having a U line!!!!!!!!!

It's not going to work out. Skip stop service is not adequate for the L line. What the L line needs is a better signalling system that would allow for more trains to be run. The CBTC is a good concept, however, not implemented to its fullest extent. If it is working on its maximum, I can say that your L/U concept will be rendered obsolete.

What I've suggested is a short turn service on both ends, but connecting the spur track between 6th and 8th with the 6th Ave. station, so trains could drop out there, and then reenter 6th Ave. then, you would add an ‹L› from 6th to Myrtle; that would you could increase the service in the busiest stretch, without typing up the terminals.

Their reason for rejecting it: they didn't want to add platform conductors at 6th to clean out trains!

I would wish they had changed their mind, and were doing this now with whatever all of this switch work they're doing on the weekends is.

I would rather them rejecting it or if you would really want me to add an idea, I'll say add two extra tracks for a non-stop train, only stopping at East New York...

The problem is, there are many riders around Williamsburg and the Myrtle-Wyckoff area, so a nonstop express line would not do much good to these people. So what's the point?

Archived