Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
R142s

The Most Reliable Lines

On the west side of Manhattan it'd be the (1) hands down. On the east side I'd say the (6).

As far as going out to the outer boroughs like Queens and Brooklyn, I'd say the (7) and the (N).

Reliable?? lets see.....honestly....

(1)(4)(6)(;)*(F)(J)(Q)

*only when they need replacements.

I will go with the (1), (3), (4), (5), (6), (7), (L), (M), and (Q).

The 4 reliable?

When nobody is holding up doors, then maybe yes...

The (1), (6), and (7) for the A Div, even when the (7) riders don't get their express when they want it. The (4) is a running joke, and prone to delays. The (5) is just there. The (2) gets delayed to much. The (3) is just there. Honestly the (2) needs to be the Manhattan express all day and night, and the (3) should be the local overnight, since it only goes to 42nd street. The (2) is just 2 long for local trips......

The (1), (6), and (7) for the A Div, even when the (7) riders don't get their express when they want it. The (4) is a running joke, and prone to delays. The (5) is just there. The (2) gets delayed to much. The (3) is just there. Honestly the (2) needs to be the Manhattan express all day and night, and the (3) should be the local overnight, since it only goes to 42nd street. The (2) is just 2 long for local trips......

The 4 IS a joke.

I ride it everyday and a train on time at 6 something at Brooklyn Bridge is almost a rarity.

IRT

(1)North of 96th St

(2)Bronx b/c (5)Shuttle

(4)Yankee Fans,relieve overcrowding on Lexington Exp

(6)<6>Saves plenty time during rush hrs.They come like every 30sec.

(A)(:P(D)(E)(F)(Q)

The J I know is plagued with slow speeds and timers. Reliable, much?

I think if you count that as reliable, then no. But the (J) I've ridden has come every 10 minutes during middays, and every 8 during weekends.

I think if you count that as reliable, then no. But the (J) I've ridden has come every 10 minutes during middays, and every 8 during weekends.

Every 8 - 10 minutes? =/ that's gonna hurt when the hot weather comes in. I only wait about 3 for the (1) 5 at the absolute most.

Every 8 - 10 minutes? =/ that's gonna hurt when the hot weather comes in. I only wait about 3 for the (1) 5 at the absolute most.

That's because the (1) shares no trackage with any other line, same with the (6) and the (7). Those lines have extremely low times between trains. But the (J) has to share with the (M). My point was that the (J) always keeps a steady headway. I never have to deal with bunching on the (J), never, not even during skip-stop with the (Z).

That's because the (1) shares no trackage with any other line, same with the (6) and the (7). Those lines have extremely low times between trains. But the (J) has to share with the (M). My point was that the (J) always keeps a steady headway. I never have to deal with bunching on the (J), never, not even during skip-stop with the (Z).
its true...at parsons,sutphin,woodhavenblvd,b'way junk, myrtle, marcy, and canal sometimes fulton are all stops where the most people get on and off. a stop like mine, 85th street is always most certain to have seats avaliable. and theres always a door to lean on.

Once I was waiting for the J at Eastern Parkway and that was hell on earth. I waited for more than a half hour for that bloody train to arrive.

Guest Charles

Define reliable:

Is it the train coming on time? Is it the train not breaking down? Is it the speed of the train?

The (V) is pretty reliable...it just doesn't run on weekends. Queens Blvd Local is still pretty decent in terms of speed.

The (G) is also pretty reliable but you're going to have to have a lot of time on your hands!