The Most Reliable Lines

R142s

The (1), (6), and (7) for the A Div, even when the (7) riders don't get their express when they want it. The (4) is a running joke, and prone to delays. The (5) is just there. The (2) gets delayed to much. The (3) is just there. Honestly the (2) needs to be the Manhattan express all day and night, and the (3) should be the local overnight, since it only goes to 42nd street. The (2) is just 2 long for local trips......

The (1), (6), and (7) for the A Div, even when the (7) riders don't get their express when they want it. The (4) is a running joke, and prone to delays. The (5) is just there. The (2) gets delayed to much. The (3) is just there. Honestly the (2) needs to be the Manhattan express all day and night, and the (3) should be the local overnight, since it only goes to 42nd street. The (2) is just 2 long for local trips......

The 4 IS a joke.

I ride it everyday and a train on time at 6 something at Brooklyn Bridge is almost a rarity.

Every 8 - 10 minutes? =/ that's gonna hurt when the hot weather comes in. I only wait about 3 for the (1) 5 at the absolute most.

That's because the (1) shares no trackage with any other line, same with the (6) and the (7). Those lines have extremely low times between trains. But the (J) has to share with the (M). My point was that the (J) always keeps a steady headway. I never have to deal with bunching on the (J), never, not even during skip-stop with the (Z).

That's because the (1) shares no trackage with any other line, same with the (6) and the (7). Those lines have extremely low times between trains. But the (J) has to share with the (M). My point was that the (J) always keeps a steady headway. I never have to deal with bunching on the (J), never, not even during skip-stop with the (Z).
its true...at parsons,sutphin,woodhavenblvd,b'way junk, myrtle, marcy, and canal sometimes fulton are all stops where the most people get on and off. a stop like mine, 85th street is always most certain to have seats avaliable. and theres always a door to lean on.

Guest Charles

Define reliable:

Is it the train coming on time? Is it the train not breaking down? Is it the speed of the train?

The (V) is pretty reliable...it just doesn't run on weekends. Queens Blvd Local is still pretty decent in terms of speed.

The (G) is also pretty reliable but you're going to have to have a lot of time on your hands!

Archived