The Most Reliable Lines

R142s

Reliable is defined by what station. I can say a train is reliable if I were to grab it from it's first/last stop. Or the next to first/last stop. I can say it's reliable if I live at a stop that goes both local and express so I know I wont be going what?!! when my usual train bypasses me. I can say reliable depending what time of day I take it is and what day of the week. But regardless, everyone's gonna have a different answer.

• 6 months later...
Are we talking about the same 6 train? It's always crowded in Manhattan, even on weekends. Crowding drops off a bit in the Bronx.

Depends on day and time. Lower Manhattan up to maybe 14th st during middays have been pretty empty the times I rode it.

42nd there's always a mass exodus before the new batch of riders comes in.

As for my 2 train, it is good and bad. Mainly bad when heading home when waits are long and trains are crowded. Thank god for the 5 to Brooklyn now as I don't have to wait at Franklin for only the 2 to show up. I prefer to wait at nevins for the 2 or 5 to show up if I'm getting off the 3 or the 4.

(G) and (R) are the worst, I have bad memories of waiting forever for trains from both lines

Oh, I agree. Especially on the (R). I can't count how many times I've had to wait for the (R) for ten/fifteen minutes at Pacific Street to go to Union Street, and then of course, the (R) goes express to 36th Street to make up for being late. Complete NIGHTMARE

Archived