Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Maserati7200

Wikipedia

Hello everyone. Why do we have transit forums? So we can talk about transit and speculate its future. Why do we have Wikipedia? So anyone with an internet connection can get accurate, free information about a topic he/she is uneducated in. In order for information to be accurate, it must have legitimate sources. On the transit pages on Wikipedia, a lot of the information I see is un-sourced speculation. This has to stop. Just a few minutes ago the article on the R179 said this

The base contract of 208 cars will begin to replace the R44 fleet and continue on to the R46 fleet via the option orders.

There is absolutely no proof anywhere that. Read the Capital plan, it never says anything about an R179 option replacing the R46. I personally read the entire thing myself. All it says is that they will make an order of 208 cars to replace the R44 fleet. You cannot add information into wikipedia without proof, and citing that proof. Wikipedia is not the transit forum. Thank you.

Hello everyone. Why do we have transit forums? So we can talk about transit and speculate its future. Why do we have Wikipedia? So anyone with an internet connection can get accurate, free information about a topic he/she is uneducated in. In order for information to be accurate, it must have legitimate sources. On the transit pages on Wikipedia, a lot of the information I see is un-sourced speculation. This has to stop. Just a few minutes ago the article on the R179 said this .

There is absolutely no proof anywhere that. Read the Capital plan, it never says anything about an R179 option replacing the R46. I personally read the entire thing myself. All it says is that they will make an order of 208 cars to replace the R44 fleet. You cannot add information into wikipedia without proof, and citing that proof. Wikipedia is not the transit forum. Thank you.

You can edit anything on Wikipedia!

Hello everyone. Why do we have transit forums? So we can talk about transit and speculate its future. Why do we have Wikipedia? So anyone with an internet connection can get accurate, free information about a topic he/she is uneducated in. In order for information to be accurate, it must have legitimate sources. On the transit pages on Wikipedia, a lot of the information I see is un-sourced speculation. This has to stop. Just a few minutes ago the article on the R179 said this .

You know, you can edit that out if you want.

You can edit anything on Wikipedia!

You can edit anything, but your IP address will be tracked, unless you have a Free account. Also its not really anything, it depends. Seeing that most articles require a log in to edit ot administrative privilege

The whole New York's MTA system content on Wikipedia is not hevaily citied. There are a bunch of mistakes and misleading properties that really not a good idea to reference the Wikipedia site.