R46 B Train!?!

Maserati7200

Man, it doesn't hurt THAT much nowadays to run a R46 on the Brighton.

i meant the R44s. i really do not care if an R46 pops up on the Brighton. in fact, after 9/11, there was a brief period where the (Q) local ran R46s, but then it swithed cars with the R32s on the (E) due to noise complains again.

thanks for wasting my time. you obviously forgot that R44s and R46s are banned from the Brighton Line forever. thanksfully for me.

I agree that he wasted our time,well anyways your right the R44/R46s are not allowed to go to the Brighton line,which i would love to see them there but it won't happen because the R44/R46 did make loud noise on that line so that's why you don't see the R44/R46 on the Brighton line.

I remember the R44 used to run on the (D) back in the 1970's and 1980's but they were displaced by the R68/R68A from that line since the R44 were making noise on that line.

also like flushingexpress siad about 9/11

after 9/11, there was a brief period where the (Q) local ran R46s, but then it switched cars with the R32s on the (E) due to noise complains again.

I agree, I saw a R-46 (F) DeadHeading into Coney Island once on Brighton Line...

Nope, not specific on model but length... 75-footers are banned on the (J), (L), (M) and (Z) lines...

I don't believe they could cause vibrations when a R-68 is much heavier...

Still they are not banned. These lines are restricted to using 60 footers, but not necessarily banned. I recall a T/O from telling me how he took a R44 or R46 on the M line.

Still they are not banned. These lines are restricted to using 60 footers, but not necessarily banned. I recall a T/O from telling me how he took a R44 or R46 on the M line.

i know him. it happened last year. apparently, the rear car of an R46 (F) train had the (M) logo on it, which i find completely stupid and reminds me of an incident like nine years ago where i caught an R68 (D) train that had the (J) logo on one of its cars.

i know him. it happened last year. apparently, the rear car of an R46 (F) train had the (M) logo on it, which i find completely stupid and reminds me of an incident like nine years ago where i caught an R68 (D) train that had the (J) logo on one of its cars.

His case was in the 70s.

So yeah... the point about banning trains from certain lines is just blatantly inane.

i do not think his case involved an R44/46. it think it was an R40M or R42. remember, back in the 70s, R40M/42s looked very similar to the R44/46s.

No, they were not SMEEs. The T/O told us about how he took the train on the M line. And I would advise that you should not be a smart aleck since you never heard what the T/O said, cause apparently that is what you are assuming, that they are SMEEs and sixty footers.

i do not think his case involved an R44/46. it think it was an R40M or R42. remember, back in the 70s, R40M/42s looked very similar to the R44/46s.

First of all, 75-footers can go onto the Nassau Street Line, but only as far as Essex St; they are prohibited from going onto and past the Williamsburg Bridge. There was a GO one time in the early-90's where the D, using eight car R68's, went from Dekalb Av to Broadway-Lafayette via Essex St (the doors remained closed until Bwy Laf.)

Secondly, R44/46's are not banned from the Brighton Line. In fact, there is no equipment restriction on this line. I'm sure that if you go onto sites such as nycsubway.org, you'll see many pix of R46 Q trains during the 9/11 reroutes.

First of all, 75-footers can go onto the Nassau Street Line, but only as far as Essex St; they are prohibited from going onto and past the Williamsburg Bridge. There was a GO one time in the early-90's where the D, using eight car R68's, went from Dekalb Av to Broadway-Lafayette via Essex St (the doors remained closed until Bwy Laf.)

Secondly, R44/46's are not banned from the Brighton Line. In fact, there is no equipment restriction on this line. I'm sure that if you go onto sites such as nycsubway.org, you'll see many pix of R46 Q trains during the 9/11 reroutes.

i already mentioned that earlier in this thread. yes, R46s did run on the (Q) local after 9/11 because it was replacing the (R). in fact, i saw one at Sheepshead Bay two weeks after the attacks and someone took a picture of it. i might be in one of those images. but then the following week, the (E) and (Q) swapped cars. the (E) became entirely R46s while the (Q) was now all R32s (which i really enjoyed) because the new generation of Brighton residents complained about vibration issues with the R46s just like their ancestors of the 70s did. it stayed that way until October 28, when normal service on the Broadway Line resumed.

Archived