Former QSC bus now at West Farms

aemoreira81

I think he means "why are they sending ex-PBL buses over to NYCTA." I'm wondering that too.

Well from what I heard is that WF is having short on buses or since it part of the mta they can now transfer buses from former Private bus company's to NYCTA.I don't know they didn't do it in the begin of the takeover but it looks like there doing it now.also the 99 orion v's are still new so it could be they wanted to add thows orions to the WF fleet.

Well from what I heard is that WF is having short on buses or since it part of the mta they can now transfer buses from former Private bus company's to NYCTA.I don't know they didn't do it in the begin of the takeover but it looks like there doing it now.also the 99 orion v's are still new so it could be they wanted to add thows orions to the WF fleet.

If the CNG tanks have not been replaced, however, those O5 CNGs only have 2-3 years left; that is why the CNG RTSs were retired so quickly.

If the CNG tanks have not been replaced, however, those O5 CNGs only have 2-3 years left; that is why the CNG RTSs were retired so quickly.

maybe they send it there became there last depot they go before they get scrap,I mean the Eastchester Depot is just a few miles from WF.is it easer for them to transfer it there.

What kind of seats do these have? didn't all the QST/CP Orions have soft seats? Did they put NYCT blue hard seats in? Or did they have "those gray/"rainbow striped" carpeted seats that some former privates had? (I have't been on any of those CP lines in so long; I have forgotten).

Now that we see that the would "reverse-move" from MTAB to NYCT, I had from the beginning wished FLA would get the 14 Classics with back doors (since they evoked the old fishbowls). Or maybe a Manhattan depot. But of course, those did not have wheelchair lifts. I had hoped they could retrofit them. So it would have been real interesting if the merger had been a decade or two earlier, when we had a lot of older stuff running, such as new looks, Grummans, and other 8V-71 stuff.

What kind of seats do these have? didn't all the QST/CP Orions have soft seats? Did they put NYCT blue hard seats in? Or did they have "those gray/"rainbow striped" carpeted seats that some former privates had? (I have't been on any of those CP lines in so long; I have forgotten).

Now that we see that the would "reverse-move" from MTAB to NYCT, I had from the beginning wished FLA would get the 14 Classics with back doors (since they evoked the old fishbowls). Or maybe a Manhattan depot. But of course, those did not have wheelchair lifts. I had hoped they could retrofit them. So it would have been real interesting if the merger had been a decade or two earlier, when we had a lot of older stuff running, such as new looks, Grummans, and other 8V-71 stuff.

9827-9899 and 9901-9931 always had hard seats in them with the rainbow stripes. As for reseats 748-749, 751, 7230-7237, and 9932-9995, it has been a hodgepodge from retired buses.

Archived