Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
aemoreira81

Former QSC bus now at West Farms

With the exception of the number on the top of the back, this is kinda what I envisioned would be the paint scheme when the PBLs were first taken over. It still seems kinda wierd though. Nice pics.

WOW there first former independent bus coming to mta nyc, I hope they bring more to WF.

Actually, the second; however, this may be the first one to be actually marked New York City Bus. 9831 joins 9845.

I think because just like Jackie Gleason Depot it has a fueling station for CNGs.

I think he means "why are they sending ex-PBL buses over to NYCTA." I'm wondering that too.

I think he means "why are they sending ex-PBL buses over to NYCTA." I'm wondering that too.

Well from what I heard is that WF is having short on buses or since it part of the mta they can now transfer buses from former Private bus company's to NYCTA.I don't know they didn't do it in the begin of the takeover but it looks like there doing it now.also the 99 orion v's are still new so it could be they wanted to add thows orions to the WF fleet.

Well from what I heard is that WF is having short on buses or since it part of the mta they can now transfer buses from former Private bus company's to NYCTA.I don't know they didn't do it in the begin of the takeover but it looks like there doing it now.also the 99 orion v's are still new so it could be they wanted to add thows orions to the WF fleet.

If the CNG tanks have not been replaced, however, those O5 CNGs only have 2-3 years left; that is why the CNG RTSs were retired so quickly.

What the hell?! That bus looks good in NYCB insignias but those CNGs are leaving CP in such motion....that sucks....

Great pics!

If the CNG tanks have not been replaced, however, those O5 CNGs only have 2-3 years left; that is why the CNG RTSs were retired so quickly.

maybe they send it there became there last depot they go before they get scrap,I mean the Eastchester Depot is just a few miles from WF.is it easer for them to transfer it there.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.7; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Okay WF and CP's fleet ages are really young. Now GH's fleet is too old, so they send the 100-300s to WF for 400s and then WF send the 100-300s to CP for 9800s

lest a fromer (MTA)Bus and now and (MTA)New York City Bus.From CP Depot in Queens to WF Depot In the Bronx. Couldnt get anybetter

What kind of seats do these have? didn't all the QST/CP Orions have soft seats? Did they put NYCT blue hard seats in? Or did they have "those gray/"rainbow striped" carpeted seats that some former privates had? (I have't been on any of those CP lines in so long; I have forgotten).

Now that we see that the would "reverse-move" from MTAB to NYCT, I had from the beginning wished FLA would get the 14 Classics with back doors (since they evoked the old fishbowls). Or maybe a Manhattan depot. But of course, those did not have wheelchair lifts. I had hoped they could retrofit them. So it would have been real interesting if the merger had been a decade or two earlier, when we had a lot of older stuff running, such as new looks, Grummans, and other 8V-71 stuff.

What kind of seats do these have? didn't all the QST/CP Orions have soft seats? Did they put NYCT blue hard seats in? Or did they have "those gray/"rainbow striped" carpeted seats that some former privates had? (I have't been on any of those CP lines in so long; I have forgotten).

Now that we see that the would "reverse-move" from MTAB to NYCT, I had from the beginning wished FLA would get the 14 Classics with back doors (since they evoked the old fishbowls). Or maybe a Manhattan depot. But of course, those did not have wheelchair lifts. I had hoped they could retrofit them. So it would have been real interesting if the merger had been a decade or two earlier, when we had a lot of older stuff running, such as new looks, Grummans, and other 8V-71 stuff.

9827-9899 and 9901-9931 always had hard seats in them with the rainbow stripes. As for reseats 748-749, 751, 7230-7237, and 9932-9995, it has been a hodgepodge from retired buses.

9827-9899 and 9901-9931 always had hard seats in them with the rainbow stripes. As for reseats 748-749, 751, 7230-7237, and 9932-9995, it has been a hodgepodge from retired buses.

750 was reseated a few weeks ago.