Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brighton Local

You sure you want to be an Engineer / Train Operator?

One scary video indeed, but it wouldnt stop me from becoming an engineer. Hell, that kind of accident happens once in a blue moon. Nothing that would get me worried operating/riding a train.

One scary video indeed, but it wouldnt stop me from becoming an engineer. Hell, that kind of accident happens once in a blue moon. Nothing that would get me worried operating/riding a train.

Agreed. The video sure does catch you off-guard, but it is just a freak accident. There are many more dangerous occupations than being a train engineer.

I will drive any train anywhere. If I see there's a possible collision with an oncoming train I'm bailing out.

I thought that was what one suppose to do. If it ain't a ship, you don't go down with it.

I would still operate a train when my chance comes. When I started at Rockland Coaches, we were told about a head on collision in the Lincoln Tunnel, between two buses (they come at each other during the morning rush, just like in the BBT, and the QMT). I see it this way. When it's your time to go, it's going to happen. There is no preventing it. None of us know how we are going to die.

A person with a terminal illness, can walk out the door of their residence and get struck by a out of control speeding motorcycle, and die.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.