More R160s on Jamaica's Rails?

SevenEleven

Hi guys,

Today while I was heading to a track meet in the city, I was watching the cars pass by. From Jamaica Center to 42nd St- PABT, I spotted 6 R160 sets throughout Queens Blvd, and in Manhattan. Here's the order in which I saw them:

#1 - R160 @ Jamaica Van Wyck holding for a train at Sutphin.

#2 - R160 leaving Van Wyck Blvd layup heading towards Jamaica. (Either 179th or Jamaica Center)

#3 - At 71st - Continental; Jamaica bound

#4 - 23rd St - Ely; Jamaica bound

#5 - 42nd St - PABT; This one had to run to 145th because a damaged rail outside 50th St knocked out all (E) trains to Queens. All (E) trains went local via CPW to 145th, turned and ran back to WTC. (The problem is fixed now)

#6 - Somewhere between Union Turnpike & Queens Plaza on layup signed as an (E).

-----

On the way back:

3 R160s all Manhattan bound.

Have Jamaica received more R160s to play with? Are the extra sets being prepped to head out on the (F)? Just wanted to know if anyone had some input on this.

Also, there's R32s still in Jamaica. There's one on the (E), and at least one set on the (F).

:7-11

Well its only a matter of time until you can wait at a station on the QB line, and see more than 1 R160 serving the same station at the same time. ;)

You already can...R160 (E)s are not very rare at all...

Ontopic, there are 7 sets of R160s on the (E). The (E) runs 25 or 26 trains.

Guest Charles
Hi guys,

Today while I was heading to a track meet in the city, I was watching the cars pass by. From Jamaica Center to 42nd St- PABT, I spotted 6 R160 sets throughout Queens Blvd, and in Manhattan. Here's the order in which I saw them:

#1 - R160 @ Jamaica Van Wyck holding for a train at Sutphin.

#2 - R160 leaving Van Wyck Blvd layup heading towards Jamaica. (Either 179th or Jamaica Center)

#3 - At 71st - Continental; Jamaica bound

#4 - 23rd St - Ely; Jamaica bound

#5 - 42nd St - PABT; This one had to run to 145th because a damaged rail outside 50th St knocked out all (E) trains to Queens. All (E) trains went local via CPW to 145th, turned and ran back to WTC. (The problem is fixed now)

#6 - Somewhere between Union Turnpike & Queens Plaza on layup signed as an (E).

-----

On the way back:

3 R160s all Manhattan bound.

Have Jamaica received more R160s to play with? Are the extra sets being prepped to head out on the (F)? Just wanted to know if anyone had some input on this.

Also, there's R32s still in Jamaica. There's one on the (E), and at least one set on the (F).

:7-11

Is this the Queens County Borough Championships? :cool: Anyways I enjoy seeing more R160s on the (E). Almost all the R32s left at Jamaica Yard are running on the (F). The (C) runs the bulk of the R32s now.

I kinda wish they'd refurbish those R32s and run them a bit longer. But I understand how that could get to be expensive and times must change B)

Yeah, when I rode the R32/R38 mix on the (A) from 168th Street to 42nd, the sounds really bought back good times. The sounds are soo good. ;)

Is this the Queens County Borough Championships? :cool: Anyways I enjoy seeing more R160s on the (E). Almost all the R32s left at Jamaica Yard are running on the (F). The (C) runs the bulk of the R32s now.

To your question: Yeah, it was Boros for Queens. We came in 3rd place by 20 points.

I enjoy seeing those R160s as well on the (E). I guess its just a time where old starts to meet new. With the R32/R38 mixes on the (A) and (C), and the occasional R32s on the (E) and (F), its starting to look like the end of an (E)(R)(A), and a start of a new one. In 20 something years now, we can all say, "Oh, I remember when they on the xx line, or when they had the blue stripe, and blue doors... Good times.:drool:

Archived