Blue seats and black floors on SIR?

Ghostnyc123

in tha am last thursday i was pulling into st george as im walking off train and walking by tha train on tha opposite track i look in and see blue seats blaxck floors and newer looking windows, thought maybe i was loosing my mind or imagining it can sumone plz explain this one cause ive heard of tha blue seat and black floor thing on tha subway but not on SIR

So far, cars 388-391, 393, 395 and 456 are like that and also the have new subway logos. They say (MTA) Staten Island Railway. I guess the (MTA) wants all 64 cars to look nice before they are replaced. Recenty, cars 402 and 450 have been moved to the CI shop. Pretty soon, they will be new and fresh too.

Sor far, cars 388-391, 393, 395 and 456 are like that and also the have new subway logos. They say (MTA) Staten Island Railway. I guess the (MTA) wants all 64 cars to look nice before they are replaced.

Yeah, I heard that SIR was going to receive the blue seats, and new flooring, however, didn't know they were finally getting a logo upgrade... ...Photos guys!

i happend to finally ride it today and tha car was clean and almost new looking im not good with cab numbers but it was tha first car of the train it was a pleasent surprise

What a treat... the last time I was in the SIR, the car was horrendous... scratchitti plagued, the lighting was dim and everything.

Just so you people know, the SIR's trains are called the R43. If you want proof, look on nycsubway.org and find the R44 renumbering, which i will do for you if you read on lol.

http://www.nycsubway.org/cars/r44renumber.html

Technicality, just like the redesignation of the R11 into R34 after that rebuilding. People still call those cars the R11s, just like they call the SIRT R44s... well, R44s, instead of R43s.

Interesting information though. This is the first I've heard of this redesignation.

I guess because only some cars have been refurbished. I recently spotted 391 and 395 just like 456.

My guess is that they gave them an SMS because the R179 is not yet ordered and even when it is ordered, they have to modify them for railway service (as the SIR is in fact a railway under FRA regulations), so it will take a while for those guys to get down there. So in the meantime, the cars got a little spruce up.

Just my thoughts.

i actually had 3 dreams that they placed a set of R68 and R68A's on the (SIR). it looked nice, but i kno that aint gonna happen.

same goes for two dreams about seeing an R68A on the (L).

Umm.. We're talking about SIR R44's (or R43's) with new flooring, not talking about no damn hippos, please stop bringing them up when no one in the thread is even talking about them. We get it you're a hippo foamer, but don't bring them up in each topic you post in. Not even I bring up Orion VII CNGs in an Orion V related thread and I love the CNGs. If I can stop myself from that then so can you.

Anyways I seen this new seating, and I also noticed how they just cover the old seats. Talk about half-assed. I know the (MTA) is in a budget crisis but dang..

Archived