Blue seats and black floors on SIR?

Ghostnyc123

Is it possible that would happen after all the R160s are delivered?

Fact of the matter is, there is a difference between what we say and what they say. Unfortunately, we can't make the decisions on what stock should be on the SIR.

Even if 64 cars could be extracted, they must be converted to FRA specs. Then transported via truck. Following that, they must be able to be paired. Look at the SIRT R44s, they could be paired. However the NYCT R44s are largely in 4 car sets.

It is true that the replacement fleet will come soon, but the date is indefinite. But now, if you put the hippos there, they will run there for half their lives, before another batch of cars replace them. Having an all new set of cars will allow for the new cars to run there for a good amount of time. And because there is a good amount of planning time, these cars could come in in either pairs or sets.

The SIRT R44s are shabby, yes. But that doesn't mean the hippos should go there and replace them pronto.

Fact of the matter is, there is a difference between what we say and what they say. Unfortunately, we can't make the decisions on what stock should be on the SIR.

Even if 64 cars could be extracted, they must be converted to FRA specs. Then transported via truck. Following that, they must be able to be paired. Look at the SIRT R44s, they could be paired. However the NYCT R44s are largely in 4 car sets.

It is true that the replacement fleet will come soon, but the date is indefinite. But now, if you put the hippos there, they will run there for half their lives, before another batch of cars replace them. Having an all new set of cars will allow for the new cars to run there for a good amount of time. And because there is a good amount of planning time, these cars could come in in either pairs or sets.

The SIRT R44s are shabby, yes. But that doesn't mean the hippos should go there and replace them pronto.

You are right. The R44s could run a little longer before being replaced.

• 2 weeks later...
The weird thing is, I keep getting the non SMS R44s every time I ride them.

Really? Last time I was in Staten Island I got an SMS R44. Aren't our R44s supposed to be receiving SMS though?

The weird thing is, I keep getting the non SMS R44s every time I ride them.

Can't be as bad as me getting R38s all the time as a kid when riding the A, and the R42s all the time presently when riding the J/Z. I personally love the R38s, but prefer the R44s over them.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived