Advertisements in Train and Station Announcements

Maserati7200

sup Fellas?

I was thinking about this recently, and I wouldn't be surprised if it came true. A new form of subway advertisements would be for the conductor or station agent to say something advertising a product. For example he/she would say in the P.A. system (this commute is brought to you by Panasonic, ideas for life). And I also imagine on NTT's Charlie Pellett would say these advertisement announcements, and the FIND would display a picture of video of some sort. Or another thing, they may just play commercials you would hear on the radio, in the subways!

What do you guys think? Do you think this might actually happen in the future? :cool:

But I don't think that was corporate sponsoring of a train ride. Did TA get anything out of it?

Now that I don't know, unless they brand their station with TOP OF THE ROCK-47TH-50TH, which never happened.

However the LCD display next to the FIND map has potential for ads. IIRC, it has the ability to display weather info, ads, information etc...

However the LCD display next to the FIND map has potential for ads. IIRC, it has the ability to display weather info, ads, information etc...

Yeah, why don't they sell ad space on the FINDs? Would be just like television commercials, except without sound.

Yeah, I do believe this could happen, and should happen so they don't increase fares and reduce service every year or two.

"Because of construction, blahblahblah, this message was brought to you by (insert brand here), (insert brand's slogan)." Obviously the brand would have to pay, maybe per station per month, or something.

As for the LCD display, I don't know what's keeping them from doing it already. They should start selling ad space for the LCD display right now.

Yeah, I do believe this could happen, and should happen so they don't increase fares and reduce service every year or two.

As for the LCD display, I don't know what's keeping them from doing it already. They should start selling ad space for the LCD display right now.

Yeah exactly... they could earn millions a year, depending on the ads. I'm sure Mickie D's would love to put its Golden Arches in our LCDs. And also, we don't need to cover up the windows just for ad space (security issue).

sup Fellas?

I was thinking about this recently, and I wouldn't be surprised if it came true. A new form of subway advertisements would be for the conductor or station agent to say something advertising a product. For example he/she would say in the P.A. system (this commute is brought to you by Panasonic, ideas for life). And I also imagine on NTT's Charlie Pellett would say these advertisement announcements, and the FIND would display a picture of video of some sort. Or another thing, they may just play commercials you would hear on the radio, in the subways!

What do you guys think? Do you think this might actually happen in the future? :cool:

The (MTA) has been considering it ever since the introduction of the R160s FIND Display. The Top of The Rock announcements were given because the (MTA) told conductors to do so. Being that the ESB is right upstairs.

The (MTA) has been considering it ever since the introduction of the R160s FIND Display. The Top of The Rock announcements were given because the (MTA) told conductors to do so. Being that the ESB is right upstairs.

Nope ESB is on 34th and 5th, which is near the 34th Street stop. Top of the Rock is for Rockafeller Ctr (47th-50th)

Well, they announce the 'Top of The Rock' and things like that since it is a major tourist destination... Since you know 181St on (A)(:)(C)(D) is also Named Museam of Natural History and 111St on (7)<7> is also named Hall Of Science and the Sports Stadiums (Citi Field and Yankee Stadium)...

But those landmarks are in the station names, are they not? Top oOf The Rock is nowhere in the name "47-50th Sts-Rockefeller Center."

Well, they announce the 'Top of The Rock' and things like that since it is a major tourist destination... Since you know 181St on (A)(:)(C)(D) is also Named Museam of Natural History and 111St on (7)<7> is also named Hall Of Science and the Sports Stadiums (Citi Field and Yankee Stadium)...

Oh... why not pin Chinatown to Canal Street? o.o That's a major attraction.

Yes, the 'Rock' part only!

I don't know, I guess there is too much station to make a station Chinatown, :)!

What???

Anyways... between stations they should give some appealing ads. So people don't sit there bored (REMEMBER, NOT EVERYONE IS A RAILFAN), sides Transit could get a good load of money for that.

What???

Anyways... between stations they should give some appealing ads. So people don't sit there bored (REMEMBER, NOT EVERYONE IS A RAILFAN), sides Transit could get a good load of money for that.

You mean, ads in the tunnels? I heard about some proposal to do that, something similar to the Masstransiscope.

I remember only just a couple mouths ago ,on the (L)'s line R143 cars side digital signs.

I remember seeing a quick Olay ad with the logo and everything. The ad was just a side and just a few seconds long. The Olay ad was the only different sign in the digital signs since the signs was intro introduced with the R143's. The (MTA) should update those signs and put in ads. I do not know why the (MTA)/(NYCT) does not use the LCD's for new Ad's.

Archived