PCC Cars on Newark City Subway

fx20736

IIRC, there are no operating systems with PCC cars. All of them are either scrapped or sent elsewhere.

If however, you want to see PCC cars on active tracks, try going to the West Coast to San Francisco. The F-Fisherman's Wharf and soon E-Embarcadero are both FULLY heritage street railways, offering PCC cars and cars from the turn-of-the-century (in other words, anything before the advent of the modern LRV)

...If however, you want to see PCC cars on active tracks, try going to the West Coast to San Francisco. The F-Fisherman's Wharf and soon E-Embarcadero are both FULLY heritage street railways, offering PCC cars and cars from the turn-of-the-century (in other words, anything before the advent of the modern LRV)

Yes, I rode those PCC cars in SFO in February 1996 out to Haight/ Asbury and Golden Gate Park. I also rode one of the LRV's to Ocean Beach (don't remember the make/ model) as well as the BART to Berekely.

:septa: runs the only PCC streetcars, and they are PCC 2 cars. In bayonne at communipaw yard for HBLR they have the PCC cars, and there are plans to restore them.

- A

Oh yeah, I forgot about the Girard 15 line. However, are the trolleys still in service or is a bus still substituting the entire service?

They were supposed to be scrapped but nothing ever came of that, I wish that NJT would bring back the PCC's for Newark as they could rebuild them into the PCC2 thing that SEPTA has, though I have heard those have had some problems.

I think they should simply put them in service out in bayonne. B)

- A

Archived