Amtrak offers up to 25% off acela fares.

metsfan

An email from amtrak:

Andrew,

You have the right to save when you book early.

Through June 26, 2009, you'll save up to 25% when you purchase a ticket on Acela Express 14 days in advance. New, lower fares include:

New York, NY - Washington, DC: $99

Boston, MA - New York, NY: $79

Washington, DC - Philadelphia, PA: $73

New Haven, CT - New York, NY: $51

When you travel on Acela Express, you can relax the entire trip. And when you arrive downtown, you're ready to enjoy yourself. With a power source at every seat, you can use of all your gadgets, from your iPod or DVD player, to your laptop. Or get up, stretch your legs, and grab a snack in our Café Car. With so many things to keep you busy, you'll arrive at your destination before you know it.

If you've never tried Acela Express, now is the time. You'll get where you're going quickly and comfortably. Book in advance and enjoy savings on your next trip in the Northeast.

----------------------------------------

WOW!!!!!:eek: I am TOTALLY going to ride acela this year!:tup:

I am glad they saw the good sense in doing this! Take THAT auto travel!!!!! :cool:

- A

I may take a trip or two, but as someone who had used the Acela on an almost daily basis to DC and having ridden it to Boston a few times, the thrill is not there anymore. Nice to see their doing this whats going to be funny is any new riders they attract will be shocked when the fares go back up.

I may take a trip or two, but as someone who had used the Acela on an almost daily basis to DC and having ridden it to Boston a few times, the thrill is not there anymore. Nice to see their doing this whats going to be funny is any new riders they attract will be shocked when the fares go back up.

They may not go back up all the way on 100% of trains i've been told my my top secret inside source (the same one that told me the (NJT) borrowed train was alp-46 hauling multilevels). Off peak trains especially on the phl-dc and nyp-phl may get permanent fare decreases by as much as 8%. They still have not decided what will be done after the promotional period ends, but i can assure you, the last thing pax rail needs is higher fares right now, it's a large part of why RR's stopped pax service or went under entirely.

- A

I'm not expecting it to go back up 100% but I do expect it to go up and that will throw people for a loop as it always does.

With this new administration, i can see fares coming down across the country. We need funding funding funding. I think both Obama , Biden & the cabinet cabinet understand mass transportation, and see it as a way into the future as well as a source of job creation, not just construction jobs, but ones that staff and operate expanded and new systems. That said, i think fares will come down because of increased funding, and increased income from passengers etc etc. B)

- A

Off Topic but related to Amtrak. The national rail line is also lowering fares. Best example is the line between NYC-Montreal, Qubebec, Canada for only $75.00 round trip until i think March 31.

I knew it! :)

- A

Archived