Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Queens Surface

Shea during demolition

I took some pics of Shea two weeks ago during its demolition, but now Shea is gone.

DSC00290.jpg

DSC00292.jpg

DSC00162.jpg

DSC00159.jpg

DSC00157.jpg

DSC00158.jpg

And the future

DSC00151.jpg

DSC00161.jpg

Guest Charles

so long useless shea. one less eyesore for me to see on the (7)

You know, you don't have to post such crude replies. What part of Shea makes it an eyesore? How is it "useless"? Explain your words. Are you expecting a scenic countryside view on the (7) with grassy plains, lush forests, etc? Obviously, that ain't happening because you're in New York City!

You know, you don't have to post such crude replies. What part of Shea makes it an eyesore? How is it "useless"? Explain your words. Are you expecting a scenic countryside view on the (7) with grassy plains, lush forests, etc? Obviously, that ain't happening because you're in New York City!

i just have a huge dislike for the Mets and shea stadium is not really that interesting. the baseball stadium bronx is what i love. i enjoyed watching the final game at shea for 2007 and 2008, where the Mets completed consecutive late season collapses to be eliminated from the playoffs.

i just have a huge dislike for the Mets and shea stadium is not really that interesting. the baseball stadium bronx is what i love. i enjoyed watching the final game at shea for 2007 and 2008, where the Mets completed consecutive late season collapses to be eliminated from the playoffs.

I will impose my neutral stance here:

I am indifferent to your views and opinions, but Shea Stadium, like Yankee, is an edifice that has been history to New Yorkers for the past decades. What is so bad about Shea? Is it such a visual obstacle?

Now how would you personally feel when someone tells you they abhor Yankee Stadium because it hinders the view from the 4 train?

I will impose my neutral stance here:

I am indifferent to your views and opinions, but Shea Stadium, like Yankee, is an edifice that has been history to New Yorkers for the past decades. What is so bad about Shea? Is it such a visual obstacle?

Now how would you personally feel when someone tells you they abhor Yankee Stadium because it hinders the view from the 4 train?

can i blame him? i think Yankee Stadium being right next to Jerome Avenue Line is why it still has not been demolished yet, which i like because it will always be in my heart. i just do not enjoy being at shea stadium.

can i blame him? i think Yankee Stadium being right next to Jerome Avenue Line is why it still has not been demolished yet, which i like because it will always be in my heart. i just do not enjoy being at shea stadium.

Don't make a big fuss out of it. I'm sure there is some Mets fan out there that hates being inside Yankee.

*sniff sniff* do I smell bias in here?

Guest Charles
Even though Shea is gone u now have Citi Field as your new eyesore for some 50 years. lol

Good one! lol!

Seriously though, CitiField does look a lot nicer than Shea. I'd prefer a smaller & cozier baseball stadium over a large & airy one any day...not saying Shea was bad, though, but I've been to a Mets game and I've sat on the very top row...it's like a mile away from the playing field!

The BEST stadium in the MLB, in my opinion, hands down, is PNC Park, home of the Pittsburgh Pirates. Fenway Park is second for me.