Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
trainspot12

NovaBus Artic & Suburban Buses Passed 30-Day Test and is Staying in NYC

My cousin works at the place where they decide upon ordering buses. So it seems like the NovaBus Artic will be staying in NYC after being repainted and recommissioned to SBS service. The NovaBus suburban will also stay in NYC (I never saw the bus). I wonder what number it will be when it is redone.

MTA plans to order about 150 Artic buses for SBS/MTA Bus and about 107 Suburban buses for NYC/MTA Bus, but the plans are not finalized yet. They should start ordering the buses by Spring 2009 with delivery by the Winter 2009/Spring 2010.

There was another NovaBus, which was 40ft. and was designed for Express bus. I don't know about this bus because I never saw it. It was supposed to be in Staten Island, but neither Castleton nor Yukon had it. I wander if he was talking about the NovaBus that was in service last year in Brooklyn.

This is so great! But how strange, you have a cousin that works for the departement of accepting buses, and NE T/O on subchat has a brother who works for that department, and his post was posted hours earlier, than this post. Something is fishy. I'm just saying.

Edited by UlmerPark B6

There was another NovaBus, which was 40ft. and was designed for Express bus. I don't know about this bus because I never saw it. It was supposed to be in Staten Island, but neither Castleton nor Yukon had it. I wander if he was talking about the NovaBus that was in service last year in Brooklyn.

You would be talking about the Nova LFS single-door suburban. This nay mean that the MCI D4500CT order is kaput.

Here is an interior photo of the Nova Suburban:

img_suburbain_grand.jpg

Courtesy of novabus.com

damn that means that the SBS would look like an express bus lol

I hope this heads to bx12 sbs!

not really, i doubt that would be set for the SBS, it might be just the same as 0054, the suburban seating is for express routes.

maybe?

if nova bus artic get ordered?

1. for MTA bus:

i would send nova bus artic to:

College point depot

Jfk depot

for the MTA NYCT:

West Farms depot

Gun Hill depot and SBS

Micheal J. Quill depot

Kingsbridge depot

:tup:

maybe?

if nova bus artic get ordered?

1. for MTA bus:

i would send nova bus artic to:

College point depot

Jfk depot

for the MTA NYCT:

West Farms depot

Gun Hill depot and SBS

Micheal J. Quill depot

Kingsbridge depot

:tup:

There is no reason to put the artic at those (MTA) Bus depots, like CP, JFK, because, CP handles mostly express buses, and JFk handles local buses, but the geography of both those areas is a burden on the artic, especially in the JFK and Ozone Park area, where the streets are crowded. And plus, the capacity is not exceeding those current buses at the (MTA) Bus depots.

But for NYCT, I agree.

how can 126 street depot get novabus LFS.

when they going under rehabilitation.

mother clara hale or amsterdam depot might replace the 126 street

depot.

126 street depot going to be rebuilded soon?

kngmn, keep dreaming. The only two depots I can see this order going to is 126th Street and Gun Hill.

Actually, I see at least a third on the NYC Transit side: Charleston; the S79 is supposed to be going there and after the M15, it is supposed to go online with SBS in winter 2010.

This is the Preliminary count of the bus order, however this will change very shortly

102 Artic Buses will be ONLY for New York City Bus Rapid Transit

88 Artic Buses will be for MTA Bus (Depots to receive them may be BAS due to the fact that depot had Artics before)

The Suburban (although not finalized yet) will likely replace the MCI order. MCI is done with NYC.

Edited by trainspot12

This is the Preliminary count of the bus order, however this will change very shortly

102 Artic Buses will be ONLY for New York City Bus Rapid Transit

88 Artic Buses will be for MTA Bus (Depots to receive them may be FAR, and BAS due to the fact that both depots had Artics before)

The Suburban (although not finalized yet) will likely replace the MCI order. MCI is done with NYC.

Only Baisley Park only had Artics not Far Rockaway!