BVE 5

First of all i think it shouldnt be released, we got another OS being devolped "Windows 7" and if he doesnt support it then BVE will suck again

although maybe makoy wat ever his name is, doesnt need to fix up a Win7 version

seeing that Windows VISTAs version number is: Windows NT 6.0 and Windows 7 is NT 6.1 so both are in the 6x line up, so may work on 7. Reason why Vista didnt work is cuz he didnt support NT 6x line up, rater NT 5.x [2000, XP] and Win9x users got 4.x

anyways enough tech chit chat

dunno when it will be out~ Anyways making a program from scratch takes time, maybe a few yrs, seeing it has to go out testing preAlpha>Alpha>PreBeta>Beta> PreRelease Canidate[rc]>RC> Gold[final]

lol

Well, everyone would have to upgrade to Windows 7 to have it installed... Which is a bummer, I would wnat BVE 5 to come out...

well as pirates do we leak xD me bucko, if i ever find sumin leak, whoooooooooo ill tell ye matey =P

nah i think that bve is open source [meaning its free completly] so no i cant do it lol, just a jk with ya

i dont think BVE is open source mackoy never released the source code for BVE

OpenBVE on the other hand is since you can download the C# source code right off her site

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

BVE 2 and BVE 4 does not work on Vista, only some Vista computers can run it. As for openBVE, for those of you that can't get it to work, you should probably read Michelle's GETTING STARTED pages on the openBVE Downloads Section. You have to extract .dll files into the game before you can actually run it.

• 8 months later...

i know Windows 7 has only been out for like a month but i went out and bought a new laptop right away. so has anyone been able to get BVE to work using Windows 7? i used to play BVE years ago on an old laptop running Windows XP but that laptop had low memory so i took it off, only to never play BVE again :cry: . im not much of a techie but i tried the .dll thing and it didnt work on my new Windows 7 laptop. anyone know if BVE works on Windows 7? if so i'll keep trying

i know Windows 7 has only been out for like a month but i went out and bought a new laptop right away. so has anyone been able to get BVE to work using Windows 7? i used to play BVE years ago on an old laptop running Windows XP but that laptop had low memory so i took it off, only to never play BVE again :cry: . im not much of a techie but i tried the .dll thing and it didnt work on my new Windows 7 laptop. anyone know if BVE works on Windows 7? if so i'll keep trying

OpenBVE works in Windows 7.

openBVE can be used on every operating system in existence. This includes Mac, Linux, and Windows 2000. If openBVE doesn't work properly, then you did not install a dependency or are missing some critical files.

Keep in mind that openBVE requires files that you must download SEPARATELY.

• 2 weeks later...

ok, i feel as if i ALMOST have it now. i followed all the tutorials, downloaded a train (R44) and a route ((A)). and i finally got rid of that message where it says BVE had to stop or whatever. now i can actually see the program openBVE, but when i go to click start it wont work. its not highlighted to click on it. argh! :mad: lol

Archived