My Ideas For The M,G,Z,W Cuts

Sea Beach

Well we all know the (Z) will be most likely gone forever soon and the (G),(M) is most likely getting cut to Court Sq,Broad St and the (W) may be gone forever. If this all happens heres what they should do:

(J)- (Z) used to run Skip-Stop here. Replace (M) Rush Hours to Bay Pkwy,Bklyn.

(M)- Used to run To Bay Pkwy,Bklyn. Make it run all times from Middle Village To Marcy.

(G)- Leave the way it is. Used To run to Forest Hills. Make (W) replace it from Lex/59 to Forest Hills. (Q) will be extended to Astoria to replace (W) Rush Hours.

(W)- (If Happens) Let (N) replace it Local from 57/7 Av To Whitehall then via (R) to Atlantic. Or option 2: Instead Of (W) to Forest Hills,have (Q) go there and leave (W) where it is.

Well we all know the (Z) will be gone forever soon and the (G),(M) is getting cut to Court Sq,Broad St and the (W) may be gone forever. When this all happens heres what they should do:

(M)- Used to run To Bay Pkwy,Bklyn. Make it run all times from Middle Village To Marcy.

(G)- Leave the way it is. Used To run to Forest Hills. Make (W) replace it from Lex/59 to Forest Hills. (Q) will be extended to Astoria to replace (W) Rush Hours.

(W)- (If Happens) Let (N) replace it Local from 57/7 Av To Whitehall then via (R) to Atlantic.

Marcy Avenue, Brooklyn (J)(M)(Z) station, can be used as a terminal, but requires a temporary platform on the middle track of the station, because the two platforms are not connected by a cross under nor a cross over. Therefore if a person leaving a (J), (M), or (Z) train changing directions at Marcy Avenue, then the person would have to pay an additional fare with the addition to climbing up some steps. I'm sorry, but Marcy Avenue is not a good terminal station for the (M) by any means, where will the (M) relay if it terminates at Marcy Avenue? It can't relay on the Willamsburg Bridge.

(J) service, is long enough, more stops to Bay Parkway (West End) wouldn't be a good idea. Remember, the service cut plan is so that Nassau Street trains don't go further past Broad Street in Manhattan.

(W) to Forest Hills, it's exactly the same service as the (R) minus the Brooklyn route.

I would work except one thing, the Queen Blvd. Line is beyond capacity. It can barley hold passengers as it is and it's choked with passengers who seem to grow everyday. My ex-Gia moved back to Puerto Rico because she couldn't stand being late for everything in NY. Sometimes I wish they built that super-express track next to the LIRR back in the 70's. Thank god for the East Side Access!

Well we all know the (Z) will be gone forever soon and the (G),(M) is getting cut to Court Sq,Broad St and the (W) may be gone forever. When this all happens heres what they should do:

(W)- (If Happens) Let (N) replace it Local from 57/7 Av To Whitehall then via (R) to Atlantic.

They announced they're cutting the (Z)? Its for sure now...?

Marcy Avenue, Brooklyn (J)(M)(Z) station, can be used as a terminal, but requires a temporary platform on the middle track of the station, because the two platforms are not connected by a cross under nor a cross over. Therefore if a person leaving a (J), (M), or (Z) train changing directions at Marcy Avenue, then the person would have to pay an additional fare with the addition to climbing up some steps. I'm sorry, but Marcy Avenue is not a good terminal station for the (M) by any means, where will the (M) relay if it terminates at Marcy Avenue? It can't relay on the Willamsburg Bridge.

(J) service, is long enough, more stops to Bay Parkway (West End) wouldn't be a good idea. Remember, the service cut plan is so that Nassau Street trains don't go further past Broad Street in Manhattan.

(W) to Forest Hills, it's exactly the same service as the (R) minus the Brooklyn route.

well the (M) shuttle terminates there now. :confused:

(W) would replace (G) to help the congestion along QBL.

I was thinking the same thing man. I didn't hear that its 100% gone... Theres still hope!!, right?:)

Obama passed the simulus bill so hopefully (MTA) gets there cut of the money b/c Albany is sitting on their asses thinking this is a got damn joke to them and were in the 3rd week of February. Albany doesn't give a rat ass about New York City or any of our problems!

or option 2: Instead Of (W) to Forest Hills,have (Q) go there and leave (W) where it is.

@ curake: Its a funeral,meaning its soon to be dead. they said by the spring these changes will go into affect. and im not talking about this again,this is my first time!

A mock funeral is another term for the setup of a possible death. It has not been officially been chopped as of yet, it depends if the MTA gets their funds needed, if not, then it'll be cut. It's been a month and the (Z) still stands tall.

The only reason the funeral was set up was because of the fact that the MTA plans on shutting down the (Z) line, along with west end/4th ave access with the (M).

While things are running normally, the bell tolls for thee.....

Obama passed the simulus bill so hopefully (MTA) gets there cut of the money b/c Albany is sitting on their asses thinking this is a got damn joke to them and were in the 3rd of February. Albany doesn't give a rat ass about New York City or any of our problems!

we'll c what happens,but if Albany dont care about NYC what makes you think Obama will? :eek:

I'm sorry, but I have to agree with CurAke on this one. Until the MTA spends its money to change signs and the maps in the system, I'm thinking of the subway system as it is. However, I'm not saying that you can't post your ideas. For one thing, making the (J) go to Bay Pkwy would make it too long and reduce reliability on the line, IMO. That's the only comment I have for now.

I'm sorry, but I have to agree with CurAke on this one. Until the MTA spends its money to change signs and the maps in the system, I'm thinking of the subway system as it is. However, I'm not saying that you can't post your ideas. For one thing, making the (J) go to Bay Pkwy would make it too long and reduce reliability on the line, IMO. That's the only comment I have for now.

Yeah,if they ever get the money. Were in a depression right now.

Now lets get back on topic with If the cuts happened,these would be my ideas.

your idea stinks period!

You dont have to be so nasty,geees. You could've said it in a polite way.

Figures,you get a winner to comment.

Yeah,if they ever get the money. Were in a depression right now.

Now lets get back on topic with If the cuts happened,these would be my ideas.

You dont have to be so nasty,geees. You could've said it in a polite way.

Figures,you get a winner to comment.

Dude, you can post your ideas, but were allowed to comment how we feel...

Dude, you can post your ideas, but were allowed to comment how we feel...

Yeah,but he doesent have to be nasty,he couldve said "Those arent good ideas" or "These ideas are really bad,they can mess up service",just in a more polite way. I would never say it like that to someone.

(W)- (If Happens) Let (N) replace it Local from 57/7 Av To Whitehall then via (R) to Atlantic. Or option 2: Instead Of (W) to Forest Hills,have (Q) go there and leave (W) where it is.

OK. Getting back on topic...

Whoever said that extending anything along the QBL is infeasible is right. The reason they cut the (G) back to Court Square is because there just isn't enough track capacity, i.e. it's physically impossible.

My points:

1. Let's hope these will not happen... hopefully... even though it does seem they will take place.

2. Marcy is an inadequate terminal for many reasons.. I am sure most M riders would love to go to Manhattan, so terminating at Marcy would mean that the riders would have to board the J in order to ride to Essex, Bowery, Canal, Chambers, Fulton or Broad. So, not cool. Terminating at Chambers is more efficient.

3. QBL is pretty tied up, so I am not sure if another service cut fit. More trains could be added on the R though, given that the N is going to go over the bridge now.

Archived